Klarna is a Swedish online payment service provider (PSP). Established in 2005, the company now serves 60 million customers and is accepted by over 70,000 online merchants across 13 European markets and the US.
The company offers both immediate and pay-later options for e-commerce purchases, allowing customers to make payments within 14 days of receiving the items purchased. It also offers an extended credit financing option called Divide or Slice it, through which users can make payments in monthly instalments of up to 36 months. Klarna acts as a mediator between merchants and buyers and assumes the fraud and credit risk involved in transactions.
In November 2017 Klarna partnered with Nordic-based PSP Nets, to provide its customers with a pay-later solution at physical stores throughout the Nordic region. The company entered the P2P payment space in August 2017 with the launch of Wavy, an app that allows users in 31 European countries to send and request money by connecting their bank accounts or credit cards.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Klarna, including -
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company’s important events and milestones
- In February 2005, Klarna was founded with the name Kreditor.
- In March 2014, Klarna acquired German PSP SOFORT.
- In August 2017, Klarna launched P2P payments app Wavy in 31 European markets.
- In December 2017, Klarna partnered with Worldpay.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Klarna’s business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.