UPCOMING REPORT - PLACE YOUR PRE-ORDER NOW AND RECEIVE THE REPORT DIRECTLY AFTER RELEASE
The key player values the global PHS market at $3,940m in 2017. Read on to discover the potential business opportunities available.
Pumped hydro storage (PHS) is the oldest, largest and most mature and proven energy storage technology, with an important role in both power supply and transmission and distribution systems. With the first installed sites dating back to the 1890s, the technology has proven its reliability and come to play an integral role in the power systems of many countries around the world. By absorbing and storing energy when there is an oversupply of generation and releasing it during periods of peak demand, PHS installations can effectively decouple supply and demand and allow for the bridging of temporal and spatial imbalances in the grid, while precluding the need to call on costly and polluting peaking power generation units. As a result, pumped hydro storage projects are ideally placed to assist with the integration of intermittent renewable generation assets into the grid, which makes them essential in an increasing number of national markets. Despite the recession, the financial crisis and the drop-in oil prices, electricity prices have trended upwards, leading to a rise of concerns about fuel and energy poverty and the competitiveness of certain industries. With costs going up and the financial burden being passed on to consumers, a range of new ideas to alleviate costs are emerging, but most are based on some form of improving the efficiency of generating and distributing electricity.
With reference to this report, the market is broken down into spending on open-loop, closed-loop and innovative PHS submarkets and provides an analysis of the factors behind the changing ratio of these types of installations in the market. An analysis of the drivers and restraints of the PHS sector in each of these markets is built onto provide a forecast of spending and capacity additions for the period 2017-2027, backed with reference to the up-to-date status of all ongoing PHS projects.
The report will answer questions such as:
- How is the PHS market evolving?
- What are the prospects for the 14 leading national markets over the next decade?
- What is the outlook for open-loop, closed-loop and innovative PHS? How will each submarket’s share of capital spending and installed capacity evolve over the forecast period?
- Who are the main companies in the PHS market? Where are they most active and what projects are they currently involved in?
- Where are the major projects currently taking place around the world? What is their status?
- What are the key factors affecting the outlook for the market? What is driving and restraining the PHS market?
- What are the main applications of PHS and how do they vary between the leading national markets?
- How many existing PHS installations are there, where are they situated and how does installed capacity vary between different national markets and PHS submarkets?
Five Reasons Why You Must Order and Read This Report Today:
1) The report provides market share and detailed profiles of the leading companies operating within the PHS market:
- Voith Group
- Dongfang Electric Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation
- Andritz Group
- ABB Group
- General Electric
- Hitachi Ltd
- Enel SpA
2) The report provides CAPEX and capacity forecasts and analyses for the global PHS market and the three main technology submarkets and analysis for 14 national markets from 2017 to 2027
- Open-loop PHS
- Closed-loop PHS
- Innovative PHS
- The Japanese PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The United States PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The Chinese PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The Italian PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The French PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The German PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The Spanish PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The Austrian PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The South Korean PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The United Kingdom PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The Switzerland PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The Portuguese PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The Greek PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The Indonesian PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
- The ‘Rest of the World’ PHS Market Forecast 2017-2027
3) The analysis is underpinned by 2 exclusive interviews with leading PHS experts:
4) The report also includes an analysis of existing PHS capacity and project tables of all operational and planned PHS installations for each of the 15 market spaces analyzed in the report, including information on:
- Project Name
- Installation type (i.e. open-loop, closed-loop, innovative, with more detailed information where relevant, e.g. innovative- seawater, semi closed-loop etc.)
- Installation status (i.e. under development, under expansion, operational)
- Commissioning date (known or expected)
5) Learn about the following business-critical issues:
- Licensing and environmental regulations affecting PHS projects Costs
- Construction costs
- Recent innovations in the global PHS market
This independent 362-page report guarantees you will remain better informed than your competition. With 319 tables and figures examining the PHS market space, the report gives you a visual, one-stop breakdown of your market including capital expenditure forecasts from 2017-2027, as well drivers and restraints, and leading companies – analysing their strategy, dominant technologies and investment status of potential projects keeping your knowledge that one step ahead helping you to succeed.
This report is essential reading for you or anyone in the PHS sectors with an interest in Hydropower. Purchasing this report today will help you to recognise those important market opportunities and understand the possibilities there. I look forward to receiving your order.