There is a general flattening of the growth curve for traditional consumer centric and handset oriented services supported by Telecom APIs. Longer term, Telecom API growth will come from new networks such as those cellular and non-cellular WANs supporting IoT. Mind Commerce sees communication-enabled application revenue plateauing while IoT network-support revenue becoming a more substantial revenue component for Telecom APIs by 2025. This will begin to take shape as wireless carriers deploy 5G and leverage the associated capabilities for operational improvements within IoT networks.
This research provides an in-depth assessment of the global telecom APIs market, including business models, value chain analysis, operator strategies and a quantitative assessment of the industry from 2017 to 2022. It includes forecasts for major telecom API application support areas and segments. This research also assesses the market challenges and opportunities associated with development and support of IoT APIs. The report evaluates leading companies, solutions, technologies, and use cases. The report includes detailed forecasts for IoT API revenue globally, regionally, and by industry verticals for the period 2017 to 2022.
- Telecom API revenue is forecast to reach $207 billion globally by 2022
- Unwanted Call blocking a developing area for carriers to leverage Telecom APIs
- APIs will be a facilitator of data interchange in the emerging Data as a Service (IoTDaaS) marketplace
- APIs will be a key infrastructure element for Identity Database (IDDB), Permissions Database, and Device Discovery Database
- Communication service providers have not yet leveraged Telecom APIs for IoT authentication, but will do so with deployment of 5G IoT
- Communication-enabled app revenue is plateauing while IoT network-support revenue becomes substantial revenue component by 2025
- API providers
- IoT service providers
- Application developers
- Data services companies
- Network service operators
- ICT infrastructure suppliers
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Systems integration companies