“The global 3D printing medical devices market projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.5%”
The global 3D printing medical devices market is projected to reach USD 1.88 billion by 2022 from USD 0.84 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 17.5%. Factors such as technological advancements, increasing public-private funding, easy development of customized medical products, and growing applications in the healthcare industry are expected to drive the growth of the 3D printing medical devices market. On the other hand, the stringent regulatory process and the dearth of trained professionals are factors that are expected to limit market growth to a certain extent.
“The equipment segment to register the highest growth during the forecast period”
On the basis of component, the 3D printing medical devices market is segmented into equipment, materials, and software & services. The equipment segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Rising awareness and increasing adoption of 3D printing in a number of healthcare applications are the key factors contributing to its market growth.
“Asia-Pacific to witness the highest growth during the forecast period”
In 2017, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global 3D printing medical devices market, while Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth during 2017 to 2022. A number of factors such new 3D printing research, training, and education centers, and rising efforts by leading market players for expanding their distribution networks in emerging Asian countries are contributing to the growth of the 3D printing medical devices market in this regional segment.
Breakdown of primary interviews: by company type, designation, and region:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 40% and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation – C-level – 30%, Director Level – 22%, Others – 50%
- By Region – North America - 37%, Europe – 32%, APAC – 26%, RoW – 9%
Some of the major market players in the 3D printing medical devices market are Stratasys, Ltd. (Israel & U.S.), 3D Systems Corporation (U.S.), EnvisionTEC GmbH (Germany), Materialise NV (Belgium), EOS GmbH (Germany), Arcam AB (Sweden), Concept Laser GmbH (Germany), Renishaw plc (U.K.), Prodways Group (France), and 3T RPD Ltd. (U.K.). Product launches, agreements, and partnerships were the major strategies adopted by market players to achieve growth in the market.
This report studies the 3D printing medical devices market based on technology, component, and type. The report also studies factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting market growth. It analyzes opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for market leaders. Furthermore, the report analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
From an insights perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis?industry trends, competitive mapping of top 25 companies in this market, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the 3D printing medical devices market, and high-growth regions and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms, garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the major players in the 3D printing medical devices market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming products, research and development activities, and product launches in the 3D printing medical devices market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various 3D printing medical devices across geographies.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the 3D printing medical devices market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the 3D printing medical devices market.