“Global patient lateral transfer market projected to grow at CAGR of 9.2%”
The global patient lateral transfer market is projected to reach USD 305.4 million by 2022 from USD 196.4 million in 2017, at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2017 to 2022. High risk of injuries to caregivers during manual handling of patients is the major factor driving the growth of the global patient lateral transfer market. Developing markets in the Asia-Pacific region such as Japan, China, India, Australia, and Singapore are lucrative markets for lateral transfer, presence of a large population base, growth in the elderly population, and increasing prevalence of chronic are the major factors driving the growth of the patient lateral transfer market in this region. However, a dearth of trained staff may restrict market growth in this region.
“The regular air-assisted lateral transfer mattresses segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR’
On the basis of product, the market is classified into air-assisted lateral transfer mattresses, sliding sheets, and accessories. The air-assisted lateral transfer mattresses segment is further divided into air-assisted lateral transfer mattresses segment by type, and air-assisted lateral transfer mattresses segment by material. Air-assisted lateral transfer mattresses segment by type segmented into regular mattress, split leg mattress, and half mattress. Regular mattresses are expected to account for the largest share of the air-assisted lateral transfer mattresses market. The large share of this segment can primarily be attributed to their wide range of benefits such as imaging capabilities and reduces the chances of caregivers sustaining injuries, high usage in a variety of settings from critical care and emergency settings to operating theaters.
“North America is expected to dominate the patient lateral transfer market”
North America (comprising the U.S. and Canada) is expected to account for the largest share of the global patient lateral transfer market in 2017. While Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The Asia-Pacific patient lateral transfer market, particularly in China, Japan, and India is expected to witness high growth in the forecast period. Several countries in APAC have implemented policies for safe handling to prevent caregiver injuries while transferring and lifting patients.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
- By Company Type – Tier 1–40%, Tier 2–30%, and Tier 3–30%
- By Designation – Director level–18%, C-Level–27%, and Others–55%
- By Region – North America–50%, Europe–20%, Asia-Pacific–20%, and RoW–10%
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on qualitative data, market size, and growth of various segments and sub-segments, competitive landscape, and company profiles. The qualitative data covers various levels of industry analysis such as market dynamics (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges). The report also offers market sizes and data on the growth of various segments of the industry. It focuses on emerging and high-growth segments, and high-growth regions. The competitive landscape covers growth strategies adopted by industry players in the last three years. The company profiles comprise basic views on key players in the patient lateral transfer market and the product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by market players to maintain and increase their market shares in the near future. The above-mentioned market research data, current market size, and forecast of future trends will help key players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographical focus, change in approach, R&D investments for innovations in products and technologies, and levels of output to remain successful.
Reasons To buy this report:
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or any combination of the below-mentioned five strategies.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on products offered by the top players in the patient lateral transfer market
- Product/Service Enhancement/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the patient lateral transfer market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets?the report analyzes the markets for lateral transfer products across various regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, and recent developments in the patient lateral transfer market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market ranking, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the patient lateral transfer market