The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Russia: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Russia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Russia over 2018-2023 will be driven by mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. However, the mobile voice will see a drop in its share of total revenue over the forecast period due to growing consumer shift towards OTT based communication solutions and reduction in voice tariffs. Mobile data will take over as the leading segment from 2022, led by rising mobile internet subscriptions, fast growing M2M connections, and growing adoption of 4G services. Going forward, mobile operators will focus on offering data-centric services and LTE network expansions, and prepare for 5G network rollout.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Russia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Russia will grow at a CAGR of 1.8% (2.1% in $) during 2018-2023.
- Mobile data revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR of 15.8% in local currency (16.1% in $), driven by growing adoption of 4G services.
- 4G will surpass 3G as the leading mobile technology in 2021, led by MNOs’ ongoing LTE network expansions and availability of 4G-enabled smartphones. We expect 5G to be commercially launch in 2021 in Russia.
- The three major mobile operators, MTS, Megafon, and Beeline, will account for 83.4% of total mobile subscriptions in 2018.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Russia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Russia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Russia’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Russia.