“The yeast market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.0%.”
The yeast market is projected to reach USD 5.40 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2017 to 2022. The market is driven by factors such as the increasing preference for ready-to-cook products over traditional food products, growth of the bakery industry, increasing consumption of alcoholic beverages such as wine and beer, and increase in demand for bioethanol as a fuel.
“The food segment led the yeast market, by application, in 2016.”
The food segment is expected to witness the fastest growth in the yeast application segment. It accounted for the largest market share in 2016. The food segment is further categorized into bakery, alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic beverages, prepared food, and others which include nutritional supplements and snacks. The demand for baked products and non-alcoholic beverages has increased, which in turn drives the demand for yeast in the food segment.
“Europe led the yeast market in 2016.”
Europe accounted for the largest market share in 2016. The food & beverage industry is one of the largest manufacturing sectors in Europe. The yeast market in Europe is growing rapidly due to various factors such as increased consumption of alcoholic beverages and convenience products, and awareness about natural ingredients such as yeast extracts. The European yeast market is a highly matured market with the increasing usage of yeast in applications such as food, feed, and pharmaceuticals. Due to the increase in consumption of various baked products such as bread, cakes, rolls, pastries, and alcoholic beverages, the region is expected to be one of the prominent markets for yeast in the coming years.
The breakdown of the primaries on the basis of company, designation, and region, conducted during the research study, is mentioned as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 28%, Tier 2 – 39%, and Tier 3 – 33%
- By Designation: Director Level – 21%, C Level – 49%, and Others – 30%
- By Region: Asia-Pacific – 40%, Europe – 34%, North America – 15%, and RoW – 11%
Key players are as follows:
The global yeast market is dominated by key players such as Associated British Foods plc (U.K.), AngelYeast Co., Ltd (China), Lesaffre Group (France), Chr. Hansen Holding A/S (Denmark), and Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands).
Yeast, on the basis of type, is segmented into baker’s yeast, brewer’s yeast, wine yeast, bioethanol yeast, feed yeast, and others (nutritional and supplement yeast). The applications of yeast are food, feed, and others (industrial and pharmaceuticals). On the basis of form, the market is segmented into fresh yeast, dry yeast, instant yeast, and others (including bread machine yeast and rapid-rise yeast). The specialty yeast market, by type, is segmented into yeast extracts, and yeast autolysates, other yeast derivatives, and others. On the basis of region, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons To Buy this report
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape?emerging and high-growth segments of the global yeast market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on yeast offered by top players in the global market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming equipment products, technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the yeast market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
- Market Diversification: In-depth information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global yeast market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global yeast market.