The growing demand for hyperscale and hyperconverged infrastructures has fueled the adoption of micro mobile data center solutions.
The global micro mobile data center market is expected to grow from USD 2.67 billion in 2017 to USD 8.47 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 26.01%. There is an increasing need for reducing the IT expenditure spent on commissioning mission-critical data center facilities. Micro mobile data centers are rapidly scalable and provide cost-efficiency to data center owners. This is one of the major growth drivers for the micro mobile data center market. However, vendor lock-ins restricting the buying options may prevent the end-users from adopting these solutions.
The instant DC and retrofit application is expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period.
Micro mobile data centers are equipped with integrated power, cooling, and networking modules. Moreover, the standardized design has helped reduce operational capabilities and further reduces the time required for deploying micro mobile data centers. Due to these benefits, micro mobile data centers are being increasingly deployed in organizations that need to expand their data center capabilities.
The up to 25 RU segment is expected to have the largest market size during the forecast period.
Micro mobile data centers are portable and can be easily deployed in harsh environments. Moreover, these data centers are equipped with remote monitoring and management capabilities, which make them a more viable option for remote deployments. Up to 25 RU micro mobile data centers are witnessing increasing adoption across various industry verticals, owing to these benefits.
The large enterprises segment is expected to have the larger market share during the forecast period.
On the basis of organization size, the micro mobile data center market has been segmented into Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and large enterprises. The large enterprises segment is expected to have the larger market size during the forecast period. Large enterprises are more inclined toward adopting micro mobile data center solutions, as these solutions support remote office management. Moreover, micro mobile data centers require lower Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and Operational Expenditure (OPEX), and can be deployed easily. This is expected to fuel the growth of the micro mobile data center market during the forecast period.
North America is estimated to have the largest market in 2017, whereas Asia Pacific (APAC) is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
North America is estimated to capture the largest market share in 2017, and the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. This region is growing, due to the presence of a large number of data centers. North America has witnessed rapid adoption of micro mobile data center solutions, due to the availability of comprehensive solutions. On the other hand, the micro mobile data center market in APAC is expected to witness an exponential growth and is projected to be one of the fastest-growing regions in the global micro mobile data center market. This is mainly, due to the increasing volumes of data center traffic in countries, such as India, Australia, and China.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people.
The break-up of the profiles of the primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier I: 22%, Tier II: 33%, and Tier III: 45%
- By Designation: C Level: 27%, D Level: 46%, and Others: 27%
- By Region: North America: 45%, Europe: 44%, and APAC: 11%
The key vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Schneider Electric SE (France)
2. Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. (China)
3. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development (HPE) LP (US)
4. Eaton Corporation Plc (Ireland)
5. Panduit Corporation (US)
6. Zellabox Pty Ltd. (Australia)
7. Hitachi, Ltd. (Japan)
8. Vertiv Co. (US)
9. International Business Machines (IBM) Corporation (US)
10. Rittal GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
11. Canovate Group (Turkey)
12. Dell Inc. (US)
13. Instant Data Centers, LLC. (US)
14. Dataracks (UK)
The market is segmented on the basis of applications, which include instant DC and retrofit, high density, networks, remote office support, mobile computing, and others (data replication, data center consolidation, emergency management, infrastructure upgrade and hardening, overhaul of existing communications, and temporary installations). The organization size segment includes SMEs and large enterprises. The market is also segmented on the basis of industries into Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI); IT and telecom; government and defense; healthcare; education; retail; energy; manufacturing; and others (media and entertainment, and transportation and logistics). The market has been segmented on the basis of regions into North America, Europe, APAC, Middle East and Africa (MEA), and Latin America.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in the following ways:
- The report segments the micro mobile data center market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across different industries and regions.
- The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- The report will help stakeholders better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market.
- The competitive landscape section includes new product launches, partnerships, agreements and collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, and expansions related to the micro mobile data center market.