The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Blik is a Polish mobile payment solution launched by Polish Payment Standard (PSP) in February 2015. PSP was formed in 2013 through strategic co-operation by six major Polish banks: Alior Bank, Millennium Bank, Bank Zachodni WBK, ING Bank, mBank, and PKO Bank.
Blik is offered by Polish banks as an additional service within their mobile banking apps. It enables users to conduct payment transactions using a mobile phone, including online and in-store payments, cash deposits and withdrawals at ATMs, and P2P fund transfers. P2P transfers can be made through the mobile banking app by selecting the recipient from the user’s mobile address book. The solution is now used by 3.5 million customers of the participating banks. Online transactions accounted for 61% of total Blik transactions in Q1 2017, with ATM withdrawals the second most popular feature.
Blik is accepted at 180,000 POS terminals and 30,000 online stores across Poland. Payments can be made using two payment options: Blik Code and Blik Cheque. Blik Code is a one-time six-digit code, generated by logging into the mobile banking app, which is then entered at the POS terminal or online checkout page within 120 seconds of its generation. Alternatively, users can also make payments using Blik Cheque using a nine-digit cheque number and a PIN. Apart from online and physical retailers, Blik can also be used for payments at fuel stations, on public transport, for government services and, as of April 2017, for postal services.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Blik, including -
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company’s important events and milestones
- Blik is a Polish mobile payment solution launched by Polish Payment Standard (PSP) in February 2015.
- As of May 2017, Blik has 3.5 million registered users.
- As of April 2017, Blik is accepted at 180,000 POS terminals and 30,000 online stores across Poland.
- In April 2017, Blik has extended its services to Post offices in Poland.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Blik’s business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.