Global Wine sector is forecast to reach US$385.2 Billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2016-2021. Asia-Pacific is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2016-2021, with four countries in the region projected to register double digit growth during the same period. A growing population of youngsters reaching the legal drinking age (LDA), an improving economy, and the rising middle income population across the APAC, MEA, and LATAM regions will remain the primary factors driving growth in the sector globally.
Value share of Wine in the global alcoholic beverages industry is forecast to decrease during 2016-2021, driven by falling consumption in the Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Western Europe, and North America regions. However, consumption is set to rise in the Asia-Pacific and Eastern Europe regions, driving growth in the sector.
Overall share for private label products in the Global Wine sector stood at 9%, estimated to have risen from 2,090.4 Million liters in 2011 to 2,229.9 Million liters in 2016. Western Europe held the highest share of private label Wine consumption, followed by North America with a volume share of 3.1%.
Global Wine sector is highly fragmented with the top four brands - Changyu, Franzia, Tonghua, and Golden Kaan. E & J Gallo Winery, Constellation Brands Inc., Yantai Changyu Pioneer Wine Co Ltd., Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited, and Franzia Wines emerged as the leading players, accounting for 10.3% of total volume sales in 2016.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for the global Wine sector, with a volume share of 41.2% in 2016, followed by the On Trade channel with a 26% share of total volume sales. The large share of Hypermarkets & Supermarkets can be attributed to the developed organized retail industry in major countries, where most consumers prefer to buy Wine.
The report "Opportunities in the Global Wine Sector" provides a comprehensive overview of the global Wine sector as part of our global series. It includes an analysis on global Wine sector with consumption analysis highlighted for all regions. The report also identifies high potential countries by region that have been identified by creating a risk-reward analysis with multiple parameters.
Companies mentioned in this report: Mercian Corporation, Beam Suntory, Inc., E & J Gallo Winery, Ste.Neige Wine Co., Ltd., Vi?a Concha Y Toro S.A., Accolade Wines, Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited, Pernod Ricard SA, De Bortoli Wines, The Yalumba Wine Company,Constellation Brands Inc., Franzia Wines, Trinchero Family Estates, Andrew Peller ltd, Casella Wines PTY Ltd., familia zuccardi, Cooperativa Vinicola Aurora Ltda, Casa Di Conti Ltda, Vinhos Salton SA Industria e Comercio, Vinicola Salton, Miolo The Wine Group, A Racke GmbH & KWV International (Pty) Ltd
- The report provides an overview of global and regional markets covering - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- It also identifies top ten high potential countries and provides deep dive analysis of top countries in each region.
- The report draws on the sector data by analyzing key distribution channels for Wine in the global market. Sector data is also used for studying the level of competition in the sector by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on sector shares of private label products.
Reasons To Buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global Wine sector across the six regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the global Wine sector and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the regions, resulting in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the Wine sector at global and regional level with information about their sector share, business descriptions and product profiles.