Global 3D Semiconductor Packaging Market is estimated to reach $12 Billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 15.2% from 2016 to 2024. 3D semiconductor packaging is an innovative packaging technology of semiconductor chips that are manufactured by stacking and interconnecting of silicon wafers, to perform as a single device. Various features such as reduced space consumption, better overall performance, and enhanced efficiency have increased its penetration across various applications areas such as electronics, healthcare, industrial, and IT & Telecommunication, among others. Heavy spending on research & development by numerous companies and growing adoption of 3D semiconductor packaging across various industries pose an increased demand for 3D semiconductor packaging in the coming years.
Increase in number of portable electronic devices, short replacement period of electronics products, and technological superiorities over 2D packaging technology are the major factors driving the global 3D semiconductor packaging market. However, high initial capital investment may hamper the market growth. Growing trend of internet of things would provide several growth opportunities for the market in the coming years.
The global 3D semiconductor packaging market is bifurcated by technology, material type and industry vertical. By technology, the market is further segmented into 3D package-on-package, 3D wire-bonded, 3D fan-out based, 3D through-silicon-via, and others. By material type, the market is categorized into bonding wire, organic substrate, encapsulation resin, leadframe, ceramic package, die attach material, and others. By industry vertical, the market is segregated into industrial, electronics, healthcare, IT & telecommunication, automotive & transport, aerospace & defense, and others.
Based on geography, the global 3D semiconductor packaging market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and (RoW). The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, France, Germany, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, South Korea, and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in the 3D semiconductor packaging market are Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Amkor Technology, ASE group, Ltd., S?SS MicroTec AG., International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology Co. Ltd., Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Intel Corporation, STMicroelectronics, and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of 3D Semiconductor Packaging Market with respect to major segments such as technology type, materials type, and industry vertical type
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities of the global 3D Semiconductor Packaging Market
- An exhaustive regional analysis of 3D Semiconductor Packaging Market from 2015 to 2024 will be included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the 3D Semiconductor Packaging Market, will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of 3D Semiconductor Packaging Market
Technology Type Segments
- 3D package-on-package
- 3D wire-bonded
- 3D fan-out based
- 3D through-silicon-via
Materials Type Segments
- Bonding wire
- Organic substrate
- Encapsulation resin
- Ceramic package
- Die attach material
Industry Vertical Type Segments
- IT & telecommunication
- Automotive & transport
- Aerospace & defense
- North America
- ·South Korea
- ·South America
- ·Middle East