Global Memristor Market is estimated to reach $465 Million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 80.1% from 2016 to 2024. Memristor is an electrical component which also work as a resistor in the circuit and remembers the amount of charge flowed through it previously, even during a power cut. The important feature of memristor is that it is volatile in nature and has an ability to retain its resistance value during power cut. Various attractive features such as compact size, short read & write timing, and high retention gaining the popularity of memristors among wide application areas such as defense, electronics, IT & telecommunication, automotive, industrial, and healthcare. Increase in demand for compact memory devices in tablets, smartphones, smart watches and other wearable devices show an increased trend for memristors in the near future.
The global memristor market is majorly driven by growing acceptance of industrial robots, surge in demand for larger data storage capacity chips in smartphones, and problem of heat generation in devices due to higher densities. However, lack of skilled professionals would act as a restraint for the market. Capability of memristors to replace the increasing number of transistors on a circuit would provide several growth opportunities for the market in the coming years.
The major segments of global memristor market are product type, industry vertical, and geography. By product type, the market is further categorized into molecular & ionic film memristor and spin based & magnetic memristor. By industry vertical, the market is bifurcated into electronics, industrial, automotive, healthcare, IT & telecommunication and aerospace & defense.
Based on geography, the global memristor market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and (RoW). The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in the Memristor market are Knowm Inc., Intel Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Micron Technology, Inc., Rambus Incorporated, HP Development Company, Samsung, Toshiba Corporation, SanDisk Corporation, and Sk Hynix Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Memristor Market with respect to major segments such as type, and industry vertical
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities of the global Memristor Market
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Memristor Market from 2015 to 2024 has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Memristor Market, will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Memristor Market
Product Type Segments
- Molecular & Ionic Film Memristor
- Spin Based & Magnetic Memristor
Industry Vertical Type Segments
- IT & Telecommunication
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
? South Korea
? South America
? Middle East