Global Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Market is estimated to reach $24 billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2016 to 2024. Distributed Control Systems (DCS) are used for controlling manufacturing processes across the various industries such as power generation, oil refining, pharmaceuticals, water management systems, and others. In DCS, the controller elements are distributed throughout the system. A DCS typically uses custom designed processors as controllers and uses both proprietary interconnections and communications protocol for communication. Distributed Control systems have gained popularity in various manufacturing industries to monitor and control distributed equipment.
The major factors supplementing the growth of the global distributed control systems market are growth in energy generation based on renewable resources, cost and time effectiveness, and emergence of open sources DCS solutions. However, slow industrial growth in developed economies may hamper the market growth in the coming years. Rapid industrialization and technological advancement would provide several growth opportunities for the global DCS market in the coming years.
The global distributed control systems market is bifurcated by component, and end user. By component, the global distributed control systems market is further classified into DCS hardware, DCS software, and DCS services. By application, the DCS market is segmented into water & wastewater management, chemical, oil & gas, metal & mining, pharmaceutical, power, pulp & paper, and other process industries.
Based on geography, the global DCS market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, France, Germany, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in the distributed control systems market are Honeywell International Inc., NovaTech Process Solutions LLC, ABB Ltd., Siemens AG, Rockwell Automation Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Metso Corporation, and Schneider Electric SA, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Distributed Control Systems Market with respect to major segments such as component and end user
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Distributed Control Systems Market from 2015 to 2024 has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Distributed Control Systems Market, will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Distributed Control Systems Market
- DCS hardware
- DCS software
- DCS services
End User Segments
- Oil & Gas
- Water & Wastewater Management
- Metal and Mining
- Pulp & Paper
- North America
? South America
? Middle East