Next Generation Network (NGN) Operational Support Systems (OSS) and Billing Support Systems (BSS) are required for a myriad of different reasons including OSS/BSS rationalization, next generation IP communications, and entirely new business models for Communication Services Providers (CSP) such as CSP support of various third parties including Over-the-Top (OTT) service providers.
CSPs have been upgrading their legacy OSS/BSS capabilities for many years. However, continuous enhancements are required as new networks, applications, services, and entirely new business models are emerging. For example, IoT Billing and Settlement represents a significant near-term growth area for Next Generation OSS/BSS. Longer-term, IoT Authentication and Authorization and the use of Blockchain will also emerge as a key area reliant upon NGN OSS.
Building upon Mind Commerce coverage beginning in 2007, the report Next Generation Network (NGN) Operations and Billing Support: NGN OSS/BSS Market Outlook and Forecasts 2017 – 2022 provides the most comprehensive coverage of NGN OSS/BSS including opportunities within Big Data and IoT. The report provides comprehensive analysis of the drivers and issues related to the technical and business aspects of OSS/BSS, deployments and operations issues, and quantitative analysis with forecasts for anticipated growth through 2021 including the following emerging areas:
- IoT Platforms
- IoT OSS and Billing
- IoT Data Management
The report includes specific recommendations for OSS/BSS vendors, CSPs, Enterprise, and IoT companies. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
Questions answered in the report include:
- What changes will take place in OSS/BSS vendor landscape?
- What is driving business growth in the NGN OSS/BSS market?
- How will NGN affect current OSS/BSS architecture and modules?
- How will emerging technologies impact the legacy OSS/BSS systems?
- How will NGN OSS/BSS systems need to support the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- What kind of transformation will take place in legacy OSS/BSS to next generation?
- What will be the implications of NGN on operating and managing telecom business?
- What are the impacts on managed and cloud services from social media, BI and analytics?
- Technical evaluation of OSS and BSS in next generation networks
- Identify market potential by service components of OSS/BSS functions
- Understand the market dynamics regarding legacy vs. next generation
- Understand the drivers and timing for evolution to next generation OSS/BSS
- Understand opportunities for NGN OSS/BSS in support of IoT networks and data
- Identify companies and their services, products, and solutions for next generation OSS/BSS
- Identify emerging technologies, third networks, and standards supporting solutions for next generation OSS/BSS
- Recognize the opportunities for next generation OSS across many different service, solution and product categories
- Detailed market forecasts for OSS/BSS including IoT Billing, Settlement, Authentication, and Authorization 2017 to 2022
- IoT companies
- LSO solution providers
- SDN and NFV solution providers
- Network and services integrators
- Cloud and virtualization companies
- Fixed and mobile network operators
- OSS/BSS products and services suppliers
- Next gen network infrastructure providers
- Third-party platform providers including OTT