With technological advancements transforming the consumer goods market, additive manufacturing is set to create high impact in the near future. Additive manufacturing has garnered increased interest from industries such as consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing in the past few years for prototyping and production applications. The technology has advanced multi-fold in terms of functionalities, design, equipment, and materials to serve the rapidly changing demands of end-users in multiple industries. In North America, material development and manufacturing processes are driving development trends. The European market is geared towards addressing the material requirement (biodegradable material) and market expansion activities. The Asia-Pacific market is supporting lean and green manufacturing technologies and R&D activities are supported through government grants.
Mass customization, lean manufacturing, increasing customer demands, and digitization trends drive the need for advanced technologies in consumer goods market. Addressing post processing needs, achieving economies of scales can hamper mass adoption of 3DP. By 2022, Frost & Sullivan believes that 3DP technologies can have wide-scale adoption in consumer goods market delivering increased value at low price points.
The technology and innovation report captures the impact of 3D printing on consumer goods manufacturing industry. Impact is assessed for application sectors such as food and beverages, consumer electronics, apparels, entertainment, and accessories (jewelry).
Key Questions answered in the study
1. What is the significance of 3DP in manufacturing consumer goods?
2. What are the key applications impacted by 3DP?
3. What are the key factors that influence development and adoption?
4. Who are the key innovators and how are they driving innovation?
5. What is the role of patents in driving R&D activities?
6. What is the influence of different stakeholders on innovation ecosystem?
7. What is the impact of 3DP across different applications?
8. What is the prospect for technology in 2022?
9. What strategies companies should embrace to remain competitive?