Mass customization, lean manufacturing, increasing customer demands, and digitization trends drive the need for advanced technologies in consumer goods market. Addressing post processing needs, achieving economies of scales can hamper mass adoption of 3DP. By 2022, Frost & Sullivan believes that 3DP technologies can have wide-scale adoption in consumer goods market delivering increased value at low price points.
The technology and innovation report captures the impact of 3D printing on consumer goods manufacturing industry. Impact is assessed for application sectors such as food and beverages, consumer electronics, apparels, entertainment, and accessories (jewelry).
Key Questions answered in the study
1. What is the significance of 3DP in manufacturing consumer goods?
2. What are the key applications impacted by 3DP?
3. What are the key factors that influence development and adoption?
4. Who are the key innovators and how are they driving innovation?
5. What is the role of patents in driving R&D activities?
6. What is the influence of different stakeholders on innovation ecosystem?
7. What is the impact of 3DP across different applications?
8. What is the prospect for technology in 2022?
9. What strategies companies should embrace to remain competitive?