The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Submarines are the most powerful vessel for performing underwater stealth operations such as anti-submarine warfare. During such secretive activities, submarines need to be silent in order to remain undetected from the enemy forces. Propulsion system plays an extremely important role in the functioning of a submarine for the completion of its desired operations. Majorly nuclear submarines are used due to their capability of performing extended operations. These propulsion system equipped submarines are expensive and generate a high level of noise which becomes a major threat. Therefore, diesel-electric submarines are used by several countries as they are silent and suitable for performing activities in littoral surfaces. Diesel-electric submarines have to get back on the surface to get fresh oxygen in order to recharge their batteries through diesel engines. This exposes such conventional submarines to the enemy radars and increases the chances of getting attacked.
Air-independent populsion systems have been developed to solve the problem of getting the fresh oxygen from atmosphere. The AIP systems installed in the conventional submarines increases their underwater endurance and help them to avoid the need for resurfacing frequently. AIP systems permit diesel-electric submarines to recharge their batteries independent of their engines. Also, it helps to reduce the noise without compromising the submarine performance. AIP systems have been in high demand due to their increasing advantages in performing stealth underwater operations. This high scale of growth of AIP systems industry is subsequently influencing the market, wherein a new range of programs are being carried out to develop the latest AIP technologies. Globally, technology is one of the key drivers for its increased adoption by the government and the naval forces. There are mainly four AIP systems that have been developed including closed cycle engine, closed cycle steam turbines (MESMA), stirling engines and fuel cells. Out of all the developed AIP systems, stirling engines and fuel cells AIP systems are expected to grow during the forecast period. By analysis, global AIP systems market generated a revenue of $174.1 million in 2016.
Following points provide a concrete description of the report content and the topics covered in the report:
- This report identifies the global air-independent propulsion systems market under different segments such as types, fit and geography
- It examines prime supply side factors affecting the growth of the market along with the current and future trends, market drivers, restraints and challenges prevalent in the global AIP systems market
- The report also highlights the value chain of the industry with a major focus on the technology roadmap
- A detailed competitive analysis has been included in this report which focuses on the key market developments & strategies, followed by the key players in the market. Additionally, a competitive benchmarking model has been included in the existing study which analyzes the market players based on competitive strength and geographical presence.
- Different types of global AIP systems market, such as stirling engines and fuel cells, has been forecasted and analyzed in the report
- Global AIP systems market has been analyzed for geographies including Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle-East
- Several ongoing programs for the advancement of global AIP systems are included in this report. Furthermore, the report also focuses on providing information on the key participants and future opportunities in the advanced AIP technologies
- The key market players are analyzed and profiled in detail in the report. This section covers business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, future programs (if any), and finally, the individual SWOT analysis