“Factors such as huge infrastructure development in APAC and the globalization of APAC enterprises are expected to drive the growth of the APAC PPM market.”
The APAC Project Portfolio Management (PPM) market size is expected to grow from USD 586.9 million in 2017 to USD 1,352.8 million by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 18.2%. The APAC PPM market is driven by various factors, such as huge infrastructure development, need for optimum resource utilization and cost management, proliferation of startups, and rapid generation of complex data volumes. However, the APAC PPM software and service vendors also face some challenges, such as demand for customized PPM software, and integration of traditional and agile methodologies.
“Integration and deployment services segment is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period.”
The integration and deployment services segment provides end-to-end enterprise support, which is the main reason for its higher adoption. Integration and deployment services are gaining traction in the APAC PPM market, as they help organizations in identifying the project scope; designing the plan layout; optimizing data quality and delivery through testing, building, and deploying customizable designs suiting the organizational business needs; and assisting trained professionals in ensuring the smooth installation of PPM software.
“Project management application is expected to hold the largest share during the forecast period.”
The project management process involves initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and concluding the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet particular business requirements. Project management helps enterprises plan and allocate resources, and allows organizations prioritize tasks based on the availability of resources. Once a task is created, budget and resources are allocated, and timeline is established, the project management application automates project initiation, resource planning, time management, and financial reporting. The use of cloud in PPM facilitates timely project execution, automated compliance with employee and industry regulations, improved resource utilization, reduced resource gaps, increased project visibility, enhanced workforce productivity, and greater operational effectiveness. The demand for project management applications is increasing, due to real-time decision-making and communication needs, and increased control over project related expenditures.
“China is projected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period.”
Among the countries taken into consideration for the study, China is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period. The PPM software and services market in China is dynamic and complex, due to the presence of several growing local and international companies. The US vendors of PPM software face a stiff challenge in conducting business in China, due to the country’s strong “De-IOE” campaign. The “De-IOE” campaign is led by the Chinese government and aims to reduce China’s dependency on IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, and EMC Corporation. Although the acronym “IOE” targets the 3 companies mentioned above, the effect has been cascading among the other US IT suppliers as well. This initiative of the Chinese government, to switch the suppliers of the massive companies under its authority to domestic suppliers, has provided a massive opportunity for domestic and regional PPM players. Manufacturing, construction, and defense are some of the major industries that face huge demands for PPM software.
The break-up of the profiles of the primary participants is given below:
- By Company Size: Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 – 50%, and Tier 3 – 30%
- By Designation Level: C-Level – 48%, D-Level – 35%, and Others – 17%
- By Country: India – 33%, ANZ – 27%, Singapore – 22%, China – 11%, and Rest of APAC – 7%
The various key APAC PPM providers profiled in the report are:
1. Oracle Corporation (California, US)
2. Software AG (Darmstadt, Germany)
3. Changepoint Corporation (Washington, US)
4. Microsoft Corporation (Washington, US)
5. SAP SE (Walldorf, Germany)
6. Upland Software, Inc. (Texas, US)
7. Planview, Inc. (Texas, US)
8. Planisware S.A.S. (California, US)
9. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (California, US)
10. ServiceNow, Inc. (California, US)
11. Clarizen (California, US)
12. CA Technologies (New York, US)
The APAC PPM market has been segmented on the basis of types, applications, deployments, organization size, countries, and verticals. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide crucial insights into their business overviews, products and services, key strategies, new product launches, partnerships, agreements, and collaborations, business expansions, and competitive landscape associated with the APAC PPM market.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in the following ways:
- This report segments the APAC PPM market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and countries.
- This report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report helps stakeholders better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their market position.
- The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.