Following the tragic events of September 11-2001, much attention has been focused on improving aviation security by developing regulations and integrating new technologies to reduce the potential threats from terrorist activities. For the most part, security arrangements (regulations and technologies) have been concentrated on the area of passenger travel. The recent failed attempt to plant bombs inside two ink cartridges as cargo was a wake up call for the industry and for national governments. Recommendations following internal reviews of air cargo security called for enhanced screening of cargo but their implementation has proven to be a considerable challenge given the size of the industry and the costs of undertaking them.
Subsequently the air cargo industry and the regulatory authorities have come up with a compromise to increase the levels of screening whilst at the same time minimising the level of disruption via known shippers programmes. In effect, these programmes allow for known shippers to screen their own cargo if they adhere to a common set of standards. By expanding these security measures throughout the supply chain, considerable business opportunities exist for manufacturers of air cargo security and screening system technologies. This study has determined that the value of the global air cargo security and screening systems market in 2013 will reach $486.5m
.What makes this report unique?
We consulted widely with industry experts and full transcripts from these exclusive interviews are included in the report. Consequently, our reports have an ideal combination of primary and secondary sources providing informed opinion. This approach allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind contract and programme developments, as well as identifying the key technological and market issues. The report also presents a unique blend of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and national markets forecasts from 2013-2023 - which all highlight strategic business opportunities.Why you should buy Global Air Cargo Security and Screening Systems Market 2013-2023
- 108 pages
- Exclusive interviews with experts from:
- Morpho Detection
- 93 tables, charts, and graphs quantifying and forecasting the Air Cargo Security and Screening Systems market
- Global Air Cargo Security and Screening Systems market forecasts between 2013-2023
- 4 Air Cargo Security and Screening Systems submarket forecasts from 2013-2023
- CCTV and Access Control
- 9 leading national Air Cargo Security and Screening Systems Market forecasts between 2013-2023
- Detailed tables of significant contracts, projects & programmes for 9 leading countries.
- A SWOT analysis
- 15 leading companies identified and profiled:
- American Science & Engineering (AS&E)
- Aviation Security Company Limited (AVESCO)
- Honeywell Integrated Security
- Image Scan Holdings
- L-3 Communications
- Magal S3
- Rapiscan Systems
- Reveal Imaging Technologies/(SAIC)
- Safran - Morpho Detection
- Smiths Detection (Smiths Group)
- Unisys Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation (UTC)
- Varian Medical Systems
You can order this report today
Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering Global Air Cargo Security and Screening Systems Market 2013-2023
Purchase this report
Unfortunately this market research is not available anymore, please use the links below to find related reports.
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)