The aim of this study is to analyze developments in the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) market for Commercial Vehicles in North America (US and Canada) and present an overview of market growth opportunities and implications. Major focus is on trends such as pricing, package, business case, and solution types in addition to the significance of value added services and telematics to the ELD market. Key market trends and dynamics have been discussed on topics such as certification, market potential, market opportunity, pricing and business case, compliance, and product trends. Also discussed is a brief introduction about the ELD market, a timeline comparison between Canada and US’ ELD mandate, Frost & Sullivan's perspective on self-certification, and a simple unbiased buyers' guide for ELD. The study highlights opportunities by fleets (small, medium, and large/enterprise) and also growth opportunity outlook through OEMs’ impact, market consolidation, and telematics integration. The breakdown analysis for solutions, services, and business cases have been discussed for 2016 and 2019, the full compliance phase. Market measurements have been analyzed for 2016–2023 (scenario analysis by installed base, ELD—addressable market). Market share details and competitive profiling have been provided for key ELD vendors such as Omnitracs, Peoplenet, Zonar systems, Teletrac Navman, Geotab, KeepTruckin, Big Road (Fleet Complete), Rand McNally, J.J.Keller, Telogis (Verizon), Fleetmatics (Verizon), EROAD, VDO RoadLog, FleetUp, Gorrila Safety, and so on. Key challenges pertinent to self-certification requirements, data security, and AOBRD to ELD transition have also been discussed. The study will be relevant for owner-operator fleets, small fleets, medium fleets, and large/enterprise fleets, telematics suppliers, original equipment manufacturers, and other ecosystem vendors.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
1. What is the current status of the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) market in North America? What is in the future for the ELD market in the short, medium, and long terms?
2. What will be the potential market size from 2016 to 2023? What are the key ELD solutions? What are the key solutions to be launched in the near future?
3. Which are the major market participants? What is the level of involvement of OEMs and TSPs in ELD? What business model can be used in the future to benefit stakeholders?
4. How is the business environment (dynamics and impact) for ELD in North America? What is the significance and impact of self-certification and value-added integration?
5. What are the different trends in the ELD market? What are the challenges that need to be addressed?