Cloud Computing technology and the “as a service” business model is transforming Services, Platforms, and Infrastructure (SPI) for the entire ICT ecosystem (data centers, storage providers, CDN providers, broadband service providers, etc.) as well as enterprise across virtually every industry vertical. Cloud Computing is also a game-changer for virtually any application. With the Everything as a Service (XaaS) model, leading apps such as Business Process, Communications, and Commerce/Payments may all be offered in a manner in which risk and CapEx are minimized while OpEx is logically scaled to business outcomes.
Distributed Cloud Computing is becoming increasingly important in both fixed and wireless networks. Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) in particular is anticipated to become a critically important aspect of Communication Service Provider (CSP) operations. For example, CSPs will enjoy reduced operational costs by leveraging MEC for more efficient Heterogeneous Networks (HetNet) such as fully scalable small cell systems, which will be especially important as they roll-out 5G. Carriers are also eager to offer improved network support for the Internet of Things (IoT) that will be available coincident with the evolution of LTE and 5G networks.
This research evaluates the global cloud computing marketplace including centralized and distributed services, platforms, and infrastructure. The report also analyzes the market for cloud computing “as a service” across major industry verticals as well as carrier cloud services and market opportunities for cloud support of IoT networks and associated apps and services. The report includes detailed forecasts for the aforementioned from 2017 – 2022.
• Identify future Cloud applications
• Understand distributed Cloud technologies
• Identify opportunities for IoT Cloud services
• Identify market opportunities for Carrier Cloud services
• Understand the Cloud ecosystem, important players, and issues
• Recognize opportunities for carriers to leverage Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
• Gain a perspective about how/why carriers dominate IoT thanks to LTE, 5G, and MEC
• Forecasts by Service (SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS), Cloud Type (Public and Private), Industry Vertical, and Carrier Cloud
• Cloud SPI companies
• Telecom service providers
• API management companies
• SDN and virtualization vendors
• IT, data center, and CDN companies
• Fixed and wireless infrastructure providers