The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“Global complex fertilizers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5%.”
The complex fertilizers market is projected to reach a value of USD 54.32 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2017. The market is driven by factors such as the need to increase productivity, level yield, and fertilizer intensity gaps across regions, rise in awareness about soil profile and nutritional balance, backed by state support. The major restraints of the complex fertilizers market are the trend toward organic food and non-food consumption, which in turn, is driving the demand for biofertilizers.
“The incomplete complex fertilizers segment is projected to dominate the market during the forecast period.”
Incomplete complex fertilizers such as diammonium phosphate and monoammonium phosphate are the most commonly used around the globe. The segment accounted for more than 65% of the global complex fertilizers in 2016. The fertigation mode of application is preferred for complex fertilizers due to its ease of application. It is also cost-effective and time-efficient. Along with this, farmers around the globe are also shifting from traditional farming to technological farming, which in turn leads to the adoption of complex fertilizer products.
“The market for complex fertilizers for oilseed crops is projected to grow at the highest CAGR.”
The market for complex fertilizers in oilseeds is projected to be the fastest-growing between 2017 and 2022. Crops such as soybean, cottonseed, sunflower, peanuts, and canola provide basic resources for food, globally. For instance, soybean is an oilseed that has found its usage in large volumes, for feed, biofuel, and human food applications. Thus, complex fertilizers are increasingly being used for ensuring healthy crop stand and high yields.
“Asia-Pacific was the largest market in 2016 whereas South America is projected to be the fastest-growing from 2017 to 2022.”
In terms of volume, the Asia-Pacific region was the largest consumer of complex fertilizers, in 2016. The growing agricultural practices and requirement of high-quality agricultural produce are expected to drive the growth of the complex fertilizers market in this region. The demand for complex fertilizers is driven by the increase in awareness about the modern agricultural practices. Maximum growth is witnessed in countries such as China due to the rise in awareness among farmers about the impact of deficiencies in the soil. In South American countries such as Brazil and Argentina, the production rate of crops is quite high; soybean, canola, cottonseeds, and sunflower are the major crops grown in these countries and occupy maximum area under cultivation every year. Hence, farmers are focusing on increasing the use of complex fertilizers.
The breakdown of the primaries on the basis of company, designation, and region conducted during the research study, are as follows:
Break-up of primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 48%, Tier 2 - 25%, and Tier 3 - 27%
- By Designation: C- level- 59%, D level - 25%, and Others - 16%
- By Region: North America - 22%, Europe - 16%, South America - 10%, Asia-Pacific – 31%, and Rest of the World - 21%
Major players are as follows:
• Yara International ASA (Norway)
• Agrium Inc. (Canada)
• Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (Canada)
• EuroChem Group AG (Switzerland)
• CF Industries Holdings Inc. (U.S.)
• PhosAgro (Russia)
• Israel Chemicals Limited (Israel)
• The Mosaic Company (U.S.)
Other players that also have a strong presence in this market are as follows:
• Coromandel International Limited (India)
• Sociedad Qu?mica Y Minera De Chile (Chile)
• Haifa Chemicals Ltd. (Israel)
• Helena Chemical Company (U.S.)
This report categorizes the global market for complex fertilizers on the basis of type, crop type, form, and region. In terms of insights, this research report has focused on industry analyses and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging & high-growth segments of the global complex fertilizers market; high-growth regions, countries, and their respective regulatory policies; government initiatives; and drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
Key benefits of buying this report
- Analyses of the global complex fertilizers market, with region-specific assessment and competition analysis
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies
- Identification and analysis of the macroeconomic indicators that affect the complex fertilizers market on global and regional levels
- A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information