“The planting equipment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.27%.”
The planting equipment market is estimated at USD 15.82 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach USD 21.43 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.27% during the forecast period. The primary factors driving the planting equipment market are increased usage of mechanization in farmlands, shrinking arable land for farming, labor shortage, and an increased attention towards contract farming. The major restraining factors are lack of awareness among farmers in emerging countries about upcoming technology and usage of mechanization and small & fragmented land holdings, especially in developing countries.
“The air seeders segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The air seeders segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, by equipment type, during the forecast period. Increased usage of contract farming operated on large farmlands will lead to more usage of air seeders. Air seeders also have an advantage over other types of planting equipment as they can plant thousands of seeds in a minute, distributing them evenly and accurately which saves time and labor while planting the seeds.
“The automatic segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The automatic segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, by design, during the forecast period. This is due to the adoption of mechanized techniques for growing crops across the globe and steady adoption of updated technology such as global positioning system (GPS) and pneumatic and hydraulic suspensions by the farmers which will increase the demand of automatic planting equipment in the coming years.
“The oilseeds & pulses segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The oilseeds & pulses segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, by crop type, during the forecast period. The production of oilseeds and pulses have increased over the past few years, for which planters are used that are customized for specific crop types, which increase efficiency as the help place the seeds at appropriate depth in the soil.
“The Asia-Pacific market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The Asia-Pacific market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is due to the moderate levels of mechanization and subsidies available from governments in the rapidly growing developing economies of Asia-Pacific which makes the countries in this region a lucrative market for planting equipment.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 55%; Tier 2 - 20%; and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: C Level - 75% and Manager Level - 25%
- By Region: North America - 15%; Europe - 25%; Asia-Pacific - 20%; Commonwealth of Independent States- 15%; South America - 10%; Middle East-10%; and Africa- 5%
Key players profiled in this report are the following:
• Deere & Company (U.S.)
• AGCO Corporation (U.S.)
• Buhler Industries, Inc. (Canada)
• Kinze Manufacturing, Inc. (U.S.)
• Case IH Agricultural Equipment, Inc. (U.S.)
• Bourgault Industries Ltd. (Canada)
• Seed Hawk Inc. (Canada)
• SeedMaster Manufacturing Ltd. (Canada)
• Morris Industries Ltd. (Canada)
• Stara S/A Ind?stria de Implementos Agr?colas’ (Brazil)
• Kasco Manufacturing Co., Inc. (U.S.)
• Davimac Pty. Ltd. (Australia)
This report portrays the planting equipment market across different segments. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the market on the basis of type, design, crop type, and region. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, key market strategies such as product offerings with scorecards based on selected parameters, business strategies, and recent developments.
Key Reasons to Buy the Report:
- It provides an overview of the planting equipment market.
- From an insight perspective, this research report provides a detailed analyses of the industry, market strategies of companies in the value chain, and company profiles.
- This report also explains high-growth segments of the planting equipment market, its high-growth regions, and drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
- The major companies present in the planting equipment market ecosystem have been segmented into visionary leaders, dynamic differentiators, innovators, and emerging companies.