“Increased security breach incidences by unidentified drones and increased terrorism and illicit activities driving the anti-drone market”
The anti-drone market is expected to grow from USD 342.6 million in 2016 to USD 1,571.3 million by 2023, at a CAGR of 25.9% between 2017 and 2023. This growth can be attributed to the increased security breach incidences by unidentified drones and increased terrorism and illicit activities. However, high initial R&D expenditure and public safety concerns restrict the growth of the anti-drone market.
“Commercial expected to be the fastest-growing vertical in anti-drone market during forecast period”
The anti-drone market for the commercial vertical is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2023. Key factors responsible for this growth include the increasing awareness and rapid development of inexpensive drones in the market, creating more public safety concerns. The market for the homeland security vertical is expected to grow at the second-highest CAGR between 2017 and 2023.
“Detection and disruption application held largest share of anti-drone market in 2016”
The detection and disruption application held the largest share of the anti-drone market in 2016. This can be attributed to the fact that detection and disruption systems have major applications in the military and defense and homeland security sectors, wherein the unauthorized drones entering into the prohibited area of any country are detected as well as disrupted on the spot.
“Electronics system expected to be the fastest-growing technology in anti-drone market during forecast period”
The anti-drone market for the electronics system is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The major factor responsible for this growth is huge investment by key players in electronics system-based anti-drones across the globe. Along with this, low cost of development and easily comprehensible technology propel the growth of the electronics system-based anti-drone market.
“Americas is the largest shareholder, whereas APAC would be the fastest-growing region in anti-drone market during forecast period”
The Americas held the largest share of the anti-drone market in 2016 owing to the increasing number of security breach incidents by unidentified drones and increasing terrorist attacks in the American countries, especially the US. This compelled the government to deploy anti-drone systems to ensure safety and security from drones in this region. The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2023. Major factors contributing to this growth include the development of new technologies in APAC to stop the increasing drone-related crimes and several ongoing developments in the market by the market players in this region.
The breakup of primaries conducted during the study is depicted below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1?55%, Tier 2-20%, and Tier 3-25%
- By Designation: C-level Executives-75% and Managers-25%
- By Region: Americas-10%, Europe-20%, APAC40%, and RoW-30%
Some key players in the anti-drone market include Thales Group (France), Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd. (UK), Lockheed Martin Corp. (US), Saab AB (Sweden), Dedrone Inc. (US), Raytheon Co. (US), Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (Israel), SCG LLC (Switzerland), Droneshield Ltd. (Australia), Theiss UAV Solutions, LLC (US), BSS Holland BV (Netherlands), Prime Consulting & Technologies (Denmark), Advanced Radar Technologies SA (Spain), Department 13 International Ltd. (US), and Northrop Grumman Corp. (US).
Factors such as development of anti-drone systems for long ranges and micro-UAV detection capabilities, and increased demand for anti-drones for defense applications are expected to generate opportunities for the anti-drone market.
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to the anti-drone technology, application, vertical, and geography, along with their respective market size.
- Major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the anti-drone market have been detailed in the report.
- Opportunities in the market have been defined for stakeholders, along with the details of the competitive landscape for the market leaders.
- Strategic profiling of the key players in the anti-drone market has been done, and the players’ market rankings and core competencies have been comprehensively analyzed.
- Illustrative competitive leadership mapping of ~25 global companies has been done.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report would help leaders/new entrants in the anti-drone market in the following ways:
- This report segments the anti-drone market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for segments across different regions.
- The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with the information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
- This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem, product launches, agreements, expansions, collaborations, and partnerships.