This research service aims at identifying and analyzing key trends in the connected truck market that are poised to shape the future of logistics industry. The logistics supply chain market is being challenged as it is expected to perform mission-critical functions while bringing about complete transparency in end-to-end supply chain processes. Speedy delivery and user experience are identified as emerging critical factors in the logistics industry. Automation of key connected truck services such as fleet management, order management, and freight aggregation brings complete visibility to the system while effectively utilizing the assets and ensuring on-time delivery.The study analyzes key trends such as Uber for Trucks, Internet of Things (IoT) in trucks, artificial intelligence, autonomous technologies, 3D printing, and its impact and value proposition to the global logistics industry. Growth opportunities have been clearly mapped with a call to action for stakeholders for improved decision making. The study period is from 2016 to 2025.
Other important topics covered in this study include global logistics spending by key segments, transportation breakdown by key regions, evolution of logistics service provider, transformational shifts in automotive logistics supply chain, roadmap of technological advancements, technology transformations, futuristic scenarios impacting global logistics supply chain, and trends impacting ground logistics and freight brokerage.
Why Connected Truck Market?
- By 2020, more than 35 million of trucks globally will be connected.
- Nearly 40% of fleet managers feel connected trucks are a “must have”.
- With smart roads and smart cities, smart trucks will be a necessity.
- High value proposition for all ecosystem partners.
- Future trucks allow the user to easily pay for fuel, toll, parking, infotainment, and many more in real time.
Key questions this study will answer:
- What is the role of connected trucks in logistics and how is it poised to change the future landscape of logistics?
- What are the key regions contributing to the global logistics industry? What is the breakdown for transportation channels within the identified key regions?
- What are the top 5 trends in the connected trucks industry that are poised to transform the future of logistics? What are the implications and value propositions they offer?
- What are the futuristic scenarios impacting the global logistics supply chain? What is the significance of connected trucks in ground logistics and freight brokerage?
- What are the opportunities for connected truck players in the logistics ecosystem?
- What are some of the key focus areas and conforming implications?