The global market for Internet of Things (IoT) security solutions reached nearly $3.7 billion in 2016, and it is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6% over the next five years to reach a market size of more than $11.4 billion by 2021.
- An overview of the global market for Internet of Things (IoT) security solutions
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- Analyses of the market segmented by type of security threat, application, and region.
- A look at security solutions for real-time device and user authentication, fraudulent intrusion detection, antihacking software, and threat-detection solutions
- In-depth analysis of government regulations surrounding the standards and security protocols that IoT systems need to comply
- Coverage of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, challenges, restraints, and market opportunities at various levels
- Profiles of major players in the industry
This report analyzes the market for commercialized IoT security solutions. It helps readers to understand how the IoT security solutions market will evolve, as well as the trends that will impact its adoption. The report focuses on security solutions that have been developed or customized to meet the unique needs of IoT systems. Services provided for integrating such solutions or managed security services are not included in the scope of this report.
This BCC Research study was conducted with a global perspective in terms of the IoT security solution technology and its applications. Market projections have been conducted for five geographic regions: North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia-Pacific. All market reported revenues are in constant 2016 U.S. dollars.
The report also provides an understanding of the technologies used for IoT security solutions and the roles that new standards may have on these solutions in the foreseeable future.