The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"ForeSights: Fast-Food Robots" explores the developing concept of automations, robots, and AI in the fast-food industry. The report also considers the various actors involved and the impact of the trend in the FMCG and wider foodservice sector. The conclusions reached are underpinned by GlobalData’s unique blend of proprietary consumer insight and innovation knowledge.
Automation, robotics, and AI developments in recent years is increasingly prevalent in the modern world as costs, such as imports, raw materials, wages, taxes, and business rates, continue to rise globally for all companies. This financial pressure is forcing foodservice operators, especially low-cost fast-food outlets that have low profit margins, to invest in robotics and automation to streamline their services in the long term. These new robot chefs will have a massive impact on the social and economic landscape in the foodservice and FMCG markets as human labor is replaced with thinking machines.
- 75% of global consumers believe that technology and improved access to information is having a positive effect in their country.
- 40% of US consumers are not confident in their job security over the next 12 months.
- 60% of global consumers completely or somewhat agree that they rely heavily on time-saving products and services, like fast-food outlets.
Reasons To Buy
- Provides an early warning system for emerging trends, threats, and opportunities in fast-moving consumer goods.
- Drives analysis of potential future consumer behavior.
- Generates ideas and inspiration for new product development.