Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs) play a substantial role in the management of patients suffering from cardiac conditions such as, heart attack (myocardial infarction), heart failure, arrhythmia and Long QT syndrome. These devices do not, however, treat the disease per se, but helps in maintaining the normal heart rate, thus, preventing sudden cardiac deaths (SCD) in patients.
Despite large scale competition among key players and market consolidation in the pacemaker and ICD market, the market is expected to see a moderate growth in the upcoming years due to driving factors such as rising incidences of cardiovascular diseases, growing population and an upsurge in the global geriatric population. Market growth is particularly expected in the future in countries such as India, China, Brazil and many other emerging countries.
This study comprises of an extensive analysis of the pacemakers and ICD market, in terms of product type, application type and geographical regions which enables the user gain a multidimensional view of the entire market. It also employs an exhaustive and analytical approach to estimate and understand the market, and thus, provides an all-inclusive insight into various forms of developments, market trends and strategies.
While underlining the key driving and restraining factors for the pacemakers and ICD market, the report also provides a comprehensive understanding in terms of competitive landscape, market share analysis, competitor benchmarking (matrices), and their positioning in terms of global pacemakers and ICD market.
The answers to the following key questions can be found in the report:
- What are the factors affecting the growth rate of global pacemaker and ICD market (e.g.- drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities)?
- How did the global pacemaker and ICD market evolved?
- What is the market share of leading segments and sub-segments of the global pacemakers and ICD market in 2016 and 2023?
- How will each segment of the global pacemakers and ICD market grow over the forecast period and how much revenue will these account for in 2023?
- Who are the market leaders in the global pacemaker and ICD market in 2017 & 2016?
- What are the key development strategies employed by the key players across various geographies?
- What are the key strategies employed by the key players in order to stand out in the highly competitive pacemakers and ICD market?
- Which geographical region will lead the global Pacemakers and ICD Market?
- What is the role of various regulatory bodies and government agencies in regulating the pacemaker and ICD industry?
The research study aims to address various aspects of the global pacemakers and ICD market with the help of key factors driving the market, threats that can possibly slow down the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market. The study takes into account the growth-share matrix model for an in-depth analysis of the global pacemakers and ICD market and makes an assessment of the factors governing the same.
The report also includes the profiles of major players in the market that allows the readers to get a valuable insight into the various industry trends. Some of the leading companies profiled in the report are Medtronic, Boston Scientific, BIOTRONIK, Inc., St. Jude Medical, ZOLL Medical Corporation, MEDICO S.p.A and Vitatron.