Success Case Study: Teijin’s "Super Barley" Granola - Next-generation granola offering significant health benefits
"Success Case Study: Teijin’s "Super Barley" Granola" is part of GlobalData’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind Teijin’s new breakfast cereal, which has resonated very well with Japanese consumers. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Granola has become a popular breakfast item in Japan, and is seen as fashionable and convenient in the country, a fact that has been contributing to the growth of Japan’s breakfast cereal market. However, to drive further growth, manufacturers are seeking new ingredients to enhance their appeal, such as "super barley".
- Teijin’s "super barley" granola contains a significant quantity of dietary fiber thanks to an ingredient called BARLEYmax, which offers a weight management benefit.
- Japanese consumers are very keen to lose weight, and "super barley" granola supports their weight management goals.
- Promoting bowel health is trending among Japanese consumers looking to obtain multiple health benefits. "Super barley" granola offers a high-fiber diet supporting bowel health.
- Searching for new healthy ingredients for breakfast cereal/granola offers further opportunities in Japan where consumers are highly functionality driven.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have underperformed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.