"Success Case Study: Spoon Cereals" is part of GlobalData’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of the Spoon cereals brand. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products, especially within an oversaturated marketplace.
Recognizing the health-consciousness of consumers, Spoon Cereals sought to create a better-for-you alternative to other sugar-laden breakfast options. Through the utilization of clean labels, short ingredient lists and “natural” as opposed to heavily processed sugars, the brand have been highly successful in the cereal category. This case study also highlights the importance of recognizing consumer preferences in the countries in which they operate, for example local ingredients and alternatives to processed sugars and sweeteners.
- As the cereal category is already established in the UK, consumers expect more from manufacturers in terms of differentiation and relevancy to current trends in the marketplace.
- Spoon Cereals recognized that consumers are increasingly health-conscious, and want alternatives to highly processed, artificially sweetened cereals.
- Cereal manufacturers would therefore benefit from developing cereal products that promote health and wellbeing through the use of clean labels, short ingredient lists, and capitalizing on claims such as "all natural".
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.