The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
German Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for a volume share of 4.8% of the global market and 21.1% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at ?20,391.1 Million (US$22,543.2 Million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.6% during 2016-2021. A rising employment rate and increasing demand for convenient food options are driving the demand for Bakery & Cereals products in Germany. Per capita consumption stood at 78.8kg when compared to the global and Western Europe levels of 26.4kg and 74.8kg, respectively, in 2016.
Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel in the German Bakery & Cereals sector, accounting for a total value share of 47.3% in 2016. It is followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, and Convenience Stores, which accounted for 33.6% and 14.4%, in the same year.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ’Naturally Healthy’ and ’Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ’General Wellbeing’ and ’Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the German Bakery & Cereals sector.
Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the German Bakery & Cereals sector with a share of 78.3% in 2016. It is followed by Rigid Plastics and Paper & Board with shares of 14% and 7% respectively. The top five brands in the German Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for 13.2% value share, in 2016. Private labels accounted for 21.7% share by value in the same year.
The report "Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Germany" provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Bread & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, ’Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods, and Savory Biscuits with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tin.
Companies mentioned in this report: Agrofert, a.s., Conditorei Coppenrath & Wiese Gmbh & Co. Kg, Kamps GmbH, Harry Brot Gmbh, Dr. August Oetker Kg, Kuchenmeister Gmbh, The Kellogg Company, Bahlsen Gmbh & Co. Kg, Brandt Zwieback-Schokoladen Gmbh + Co. Kg, Lambertz Group, Suedzucker Gmbh, The american Bagel Company.
- The Bakery & Cereals sector in Germany is forecast to grow at 1.6% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption of Bread & Rolls is noticeably high in Germany compared to global and regional levels
- Food & Drinks Specialists is the largest distribution channel, followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Convenience Stores
- Private label penetration is highest in the Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) market
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the German Bakery & Cereals sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery & Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.