The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“Increasing stringency in safety regulations and a growing focus on autonomous and semi-autonomous cars to fuel the demand for automotive LiDAR”
The global LiDAR sensor automotive market is projected to reach USD 735.0 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 28.32%, from 2025 to 2030, owing to the rising government regulations for vehicle safety and increasing adoption of ADAS technology by OEMs. A rising trend of autonomous and semi-autonomous vehicles using automotive LiDAR systems is also an important driver which will fuel demand. However, the high cost of installation of LiDAR sensor-based applications results in an increase in the overall cost of the vehicle.
“The autonomous vehicles segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment”
The autonomous vehicles segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment of the LiDAR sensor automotive market in 2025. Major OEMs like General Motors Company, Audi, Ford, and the Volvo Group are developing and innovating fully autonomous driving technologies with the help of LiDAR technology.
“The solid state LiDAR segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment”
The solid state LiDAR type segment is estimated to hold the largest market share during the forecast period. The solid state LiDAR is smaller, lighter, and more cost effective than the mechanical/scanning LiDAR. The reducing cost of components along with the increased participation of major players across the LiDAR value chain has also helped reduce the overall cost of solid state LiDAR features.
“The European market is estimated to be the fastest growing market in terms of volume”
In 2025, the fastest growing LiDAR sensor for automotive market, by region, is expected to be the European market, which is estimated to hold a majority of the market share of the global LiDAR sensor automotive market, by value and volume. The European Union is also in favour of legalizing the use of LiDAR-based ADAS applications to increase vehicle safety. Autonomous vehicles are already being tested in several European countries, such as Germany and France. This is also driving the LiDAR sensor-based ADAS application market in Europe, which will ultimately impact the global market.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from LiDAR manufacturers to automobile OEMs and various automotive associations. The break–up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier I- 67%, Tier II- 25%, and Tier III- 8%
- By Designation: C–Level- 53%, D–Level- 34%, and Manager Level- 13%
- By Region: North America- 30%, Asia-Pacific- 40%, Europe- 22%, and RoW- 8%
The players profiled in the report are:
• Continental AG
• Delphi Automotive, PLC
• First Sensor AG
• Infineon Technologies AG
• Innoviz Technologies, Ltd.
• LeddarTech, Inc.
• Quanergy Systems, Inc.
• Texas Instruments, Inc.
• Velodyne LiDAR, Inc.
• ZF Friedrichshafen AG
The report covers the LiDAR sensor automotive market by technology (mechanical and solid state), application (semi-autonomous and autonomous), location (bumper and grill, headlight and taillight, roof and upper pillar, and others), image type, vehicle type, and region?global forecast to 2030. The report covers the LiDAR sensor automotive market in terms of volume (thousand units) and value (USD million).
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report provides insights about the following points:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information about automotive LiDAR offered by the top players in the industry
- Regulatory Framework: Detailed insights into stringent safety norms leading to the application of LiDAR-based ADAS features and the effect of the regulations on the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about various LiDAR technology trends. The report analyzes the markets for various automotive LiDAR sensor technologies across the countries
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about emerging technologies, recent developments, and investments in the global automotive LiDAR sensor market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, services, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global automotive LiDAR sensor market