“Technological advancements and development of energy-efficient, attractive, and high-specification products is expected to fuel the growth of the flexible display market.”
The flexible display market is expected to grow from USD 2.67 billion in 2016 to USD 15.14 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 34.42% between 2017 and 2022. Flexible display devices have various advanced features such as light and thin structure, low power requirement, excellent contrast, fast response time, and a wide viewing angle. Technological shift to and development of energy-efficient, attractive, and high-specification products is a key factor expected to drive the growth of this market. However, the complex manufacturing process of flexible displays can restrain the growth of the market.
“Based on application, the smartphones and tablets segment was the largest segment of the flexible display market in 2016.”
The smartphones and tablets segment was the largest segment of the flexible display market in 2016. These displays are used in various smartphones, such as the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, Samsung Galaxy Round, and VIVO Xplay6. These displays can be customized as per the requirements of end users and thus provide design flexibility.
“Based on technology, the OLED technology segment was the largest segment of the flexible display market in 2016.”
The Organic Light-emitting Diodes (OLED) technology segment was the largest segment of the market in 2016. OLED-based displays are widely used in smartphones, tablets, desktop monitors, and televisions. These displays have excellent picture quality and operating life.
“Asia Pacific to be the fastest growing market for flexible displays between 2016 and 2022.”
Asia Pacific was one of the major markets for flexible displays in 2016, driven by the high demand for consumer electronics in China. The growing markets for smartphones, smartwatches, wearables, televisions, and digital signage systems in China are expected to boost the demand for flexible displays in the country. The presence of key manufacturers of display technologies, including Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea) and LG Display Co. Ltd. (South Korea) in the region is expected to further fuel the growth of the Asia Pacific flexible display market.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key people in the display industry. The break-up of primary participants for the report has been shown below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 26%, Tier 2 - 32%, and Tier 3 - 42%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 52%, Directors - 23%, and Managers - 25%
- By Region: North America - 44%, Europe - 29%, Asia Pacific - 23%, and Rest of the World - 4%
The report also profiles key players in the flexible display market and analyzes their market ranking. The major players profiled in this report are Samsung Display Co., Ltd. (South Korea), LG Display Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Japan Display, Inc. (Japan), AU Optronics Corp. (Taiwan), BoE Technology Group Co. Ltd. (China), and Innolux Corp. (Taiwan).
This research report categorizes the flexible display market based on application, technology, panel size, and geography. The report provides market dynamics that includes a description of the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market, along with value chain analysis and market ranking analysis.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report will help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the flexible display market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for all subsegments across different regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for market growth.
- This report is expected to help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain insight to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, product launches and developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.