Datamonitor's Defense Spending: Global Industry Guide is an essential resource for top-level data and analysis covering the Defense Spending industry. It includes detailed data on market size and segmentation, textual analysis of the key trends and competitive landscape, and profiles of the leading companies. This incisive report provides expert analysis on a global, regional and country basis.
Scope of the Report
- Contains an executive summary and data on value, volume and segmentation
- Provides textual analysis of the industry's prospects and competitive landscape
- Incorporates in-depth five forces competitive environment analysis and scorecards
- Covers the Global, European and Asia-Pacific markets as well as individual chapters on 5 major markets (France, Germany, Japan, the UK and the US).
- Includes a five-year forecast of the industry
Global defense spending grew by 2.4% in 2009 to reach a value of $1,293.3 billion.
In 2014, global defense spending is forecast to reach a value of $2,009.7 billion, an increase of 55.4% since 2009.
Other expenditure accounts for 44.1% of global defense spending.
The Americas accounts for 55.9% of global defense expenditure.
Defense contractors are becoming increasingly large integrated multinational companies as acquisitions have become common practice, which enhances their influence.
Why you should buy this report
- Spot future trends and developments
- Inform your business decisions
- Add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- Save time carrying out entry-level research
Defense spending covers capital items, military personnel, government defense agencies, and related expenditure on defense and peacekeeping. The defense market is segmented to include expenditure on: personnel; equipment; infrastructure; and other expenditure (which represents all other spending). Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2009 annual average exchange rates.
Purchase this report
Unfortunately this market research is not available anymore, please use the links below to find related reports.
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)