The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Our "Smart Money Investing in the Financial Services Industry: Tracking M&A, VC and PE Investments Globally - Q1 2017", report provides detailed analysis of investment activities in financial services industry globally during the first quarter of 2017.
The report provides comprehensive coverage of investment activities including mergers, acquisitions, asset transactions, venture financing and private equity, both in terms of deal value and volume. It also provides a global snapshot of investment trends in sectors including banking, payments, insurance and wealth management, and information on best practices followed by market participants in the form of case studies.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research and analysis expertise to allow stakeholders to identify investment dynamics in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and other regions.
The report provides insights into investment activities in the financial services industry around the world in Q1 2017, including -
- A global snapshot of investment trends in the global financial services industry.
- Comprehensive coverage of deal types including mergers, acquisitions, asset transactions, venture financing and private equity.
- Detailed insights into deal activities in sectors including banking, payments, insurance and wealth management.
- Information on the regional dynamics of investments in the financial services industry.
- The insurance sector recorded the highest number of M&A deals, accounting for 43% of all M&A deals in Q1 2017. It was followed by banking with 27% of the total deals. Wealth management and payments accounted for 18% and 12% shares respectively.
- Venture financing deals in the financial services industry grew both in terms of value and volume in Q1 2017. While there was a 23.2% rise in the number of deals, in value terms the growth was 46.9% over Q4 2016. The payments sector accounted for 63% of all VF deals. The investments were primarily in companies active in emerging payments, online security, card issuance and processing.
- Overall PE deal activity in the financial services industry valued US$6.6 billion in Q1 2017, a 51% decline over Q4 2016. An uncertain business environment caused by potential regulatory and policy changes has impacted PE deals globally.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into emerging areas of investment in the financial services industry.
- Identify products and services that are likely to make an impact on the market.
- Gain information about key investors operating in the financial services industry.
- Understand the best practices followed by market participants in the form of case studies.