The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“MEMS market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% between 2017 and 2022.”
The MEMS has entered the growth phase and is expected to grow further in the coming years. This market is expected to be valued at USD 18.88 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 9.8% between 2017 and 2022. The drivers for this market are stringent government regulations for the automotive vertical and huge adoption of automation in industries and homes. The main restraint for this market is highly complex manufacturing process and demanding cycle time.
“MEMS market for healthcare vertical is estimated to grow at the highest rate.”
The MEMS market for the healthcare vertical is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the high adoption of MEMS for clinical monitoring applications such as ECG patient monitoring and EEG measurement; and imaging applications such as CT-imaging and digital X-ray. Moreover, MEMS are being used for diagnostic and treatment equipment positioning applications, which includes high precision positioning of equipment such as surgery tables, and prostheses and patient monitoring applications such as movement and position monitoring.
“RF actuator is estimated to hold the largest share of the MEMS market during the forecast period.”
RF actuators are being used in mobile devices, particularly in relation to antennas, to solve engineering issues related to the size and components of smartphones. The growth of MEMS market for RF actuators is attributed to the wide usage of RF MEMS in smartphones, wearables, and Internet of Things (IoT). RF actuators offer advantages such as reduced size, less power, improved antenna performance and radiated power, and reduced power loss.
“APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing market for MEMS during the forecast period”
The MEMS market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR because APAC is a major market for consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial verticals. Moreover, APAC has become a global focal point for large investments and business expansion opportunities.
Breakdown of the profile of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 20 %, Tier 2 - 55%, and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: C-level Executives - 50%, Directors - 25%, and Others - 25%
- By Region: Americas - 60%, Europe - 25%, APAC - 10%, and RoW - 5%
The major players in the MEMS market include STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Analog Devices, Inc. (US), NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Netherlands), Texas Instruments Inc. (US), Panasonic Corp. (Japan), TE Connectivity Corp. (Switzerland), Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (Netherlands), Denso Corp. (Japan), Broadcom Ltd. (US), Honeywell International Inc. (US), Knowles Corp. (US), and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (Taiwan).
The study segments the MEMS market on the basis of sensor type into inertial, pressure, microphone, environmental, and optical sensors. Moreover, the MEMS market has been segmented on the basis of actuator type into optical, inkjet head, microfluidics, and radio frequency (RF). The study covers MEMS verticals such as automotive, consumer electronics, defense, industrial, healthcare, telecom, and aerospace. Furthermore, the report forecasts the market size for various segments with regard to four main regions Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons To Buy the report
The report would help market leaders/new entrants in the MEMS market in the following ways:
- This report segments the MEMS market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and those of the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions in the MEMS market.