The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The share of German Meat sector at a regional (Western Europe) level has increased marginally during the past five years and is further expected to grow similarly through 2021. Of the seven markets, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts is the largest in value terms. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for meat products. Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the sector. Phw-Gruppe Lohmann & Co. Ag and Iglo Foods Group Ltd are the popular players in the German Meat sector.
Our Country Profile report on the Meat sector in Germany provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ambient Meat, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed, Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts, Cooked Meats - Counter, Cooked Meats - Packaged, Fresh Meat (Counter) and Frozen Meat with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
- The Meat sector in Germany is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.1% during 2016-2021 in value terms.
- Cooked meat packaged with high growth rate provides opportunities to producers
- Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Whole Cuts is the largest in value terms.
- Consumers’ purchasing pattern remains unchanged in the German Meat sector
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material, followed by Flexible Packaging
- Wiesenhof is the popular brand in value and volume terms, followed by Iglo and Vion
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Prepared Meals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.