Global Thin films photovoltaic Market is forecasted to reach $240 billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 32.3% from 2016 to 2024. Thin films photovoltaic (PV) cells require very little or almost no silicon as compared to crystalline PV cells. Thin films photovoltaic systems are widely used due to its various features such as flexibility, and shorter energy payback times as compared to crystalline PV cells. It provides improved performance even in low light conditions, which has increased its dominance in the market.
Surge in energy cost, silicon shortage and low manufacturing cost of PV cells are the major driving factors of the global thin films photovoltaic market. Moreover, increase in environment temperature due to climate change has also moved consumers towards the adoption of photovoltaic (PV) technologies. However, high cost of photovoltaic technologies may hamper the market growth. Technological advancement would provide several growth opportunities for the market in coming years.
The global thin films photovoltaic market has been segmented into type, component, and application. The segment by type includes organic and inorganic photovoltaic. The component segment is further categorized into crystalline silicon PV cells, thin film PV cells, Tracker, Modules, and Optics. By application, the thin film photovoltaic market is segmented into residential, utility, consumer, military, and non-residential sectors.
Based on geography, the market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in this market are JA solar Co. Ltd., SoloPower Systems Inc., Jinko Solar, Yingli Green Trina Solar, Suntech Power Holdings Co. Ltd., Sharp Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Kyocera Corporation, and Kaneka Corporation, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of thin films photovoltaic market with respect to major segments such as type, component and application.
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities is included in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of thin films photovoltaic market will be included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the thin films photovoltaic market, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Thin Films Photovoltaic Market
- Organic Photovoltaic
- Inorganic Photovoltaic
- Thin Film PV cells
- Crystalline silicon PV cells
- Residential sector
- Non-residential sector
- North America
- ·United Kingdom
- ·South Korea
- ·South America
- ·Middle East