"Tobacco Company Profile - TTLC", is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
Taiwan Tobacco & Liquor Corporation (TTLC) was established in July 2002 when the state-owned tobacco and alcohol monopoly organization, the Taiwan Tobacco & Wine Board, was incorporated in preparation for its eventual privatization. However, no provisional date for privatization has yet been determined and TTLC remains a 100% state-owned corporation, under the control of Taiwan’s Ministry of Finance.
- TTLC was the only cigarette manufacturer in Taiwan, but lost its legal monopoly over production in 2004, with Imperial Tobacco (since 2009) and JTI (since 2016) establishing local production in order to escape the high import duty, which to some extent has shielded the TTLC’s position in the past.
- TTLC was the largest supplier of cigarettes in Taiwan until 2010.
- The Taiwanese cigarette market remains substantial, but has contracted since 2000 and, although currently quite buoyant, is expected to contract longer term.
- Competition in its domestic market has been intensifying since Imperial commenced domestic production in January 2009.
- In 2015, TTLC’s global sales stood at 14.6 billion pieces, equivalent to 0.255% of the global market.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.