The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Prepared Meals sector in Germany is the largest in value terms in the Western Europe region. Increasing busy lifestyles and changing eating patterns are driving the demand for Prepared Meals sector in the country. Of the three markets in the sector, Ready Meals is the largest in both value and volume terms. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the largest share of distribution in the country, while Rigid Plastics remained most commonly used packaging material in the sector. Frosta and Erasco are the leading market players in the Prepared Meals sector.
Our Country Profile report on the Prepared Meals sector in Germany provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2016-2021
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Meal Kits, Pizza and Ready Meals with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: film, trays, tubs, foils and others.
- The Prepared Meals sector in Germany is forecast to grow at 1.3% during 2016-2021.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel, followed by Convenience Stores and Food & Drinks Specialists
- Ready Meals is the largest value and volume market in the Prepared Meals sector
- Frosta and Erasco are the leading brand in value and volume respectively, in 2016.
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the German Prepared Meals sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Prepared Meals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.