“The air insulated switchgear market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.68% from 2017 to 2022”
The air insulated switchgear market is projected to reach USD 8.41 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.68% from 2017 to 2022. Air insulated switchgear are relatively cost effective, are pollution free, and have simple construction. Increasing investments in T&D infrastructure, increasing electricity demand, and low capital investment of air insulated switchgear are expected to drive the air insulated switchgear market. The availability of alternative such as gas insulated switchgear is likely to hinder market growth of air insulated switchgear.
“The 3 kV–36 kV segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022”
Based on voltage range of air insulated switchgear, the 3 kV–36 kV segment is estimated to be the fastest growing market from 2017 to 2022. These air insulated switchgear are used in a wide range of applications such as power generation, manufacturing and processing, infrastructure and transportation, and power distribution sector. The growth in 3 kV–36 kV segment is driven by increasing power generation capacity and infrastructural developments.
“The transmission & distribution segment is expected to dominate the air insulated switchgear market from 2017 to 2022”
Based on application of air insulated switchgear, the transmission & distribution segment is expected to dominate the air insulated switchgear market from 2017 to 2022. The growth in demand for the reliable delivery of electric power has led to an increase in investment in the transmission & distribution infrastructure, thereby resulting in demand for substations and projects regarding AIS installations. Increasing expenditure in electrical networks and increasing focus on renewable power generation are expected to drive the air insulated switchgear market in transmission & distribution segment.
“Asia-Pacific: The largest market for air insulated switchgear”
Asia-Pacific is currently the largest market for air insulated switchgear, followed by Europe and North America. The Asia-Pacific market is driven by increasing T&D investments and rising power generation capacity in the region. The market in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at the fastest rate, with China expected to dominate the market. Also, the countries such as India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand are expected to drive the air insulated switchgear in Asia-Pacific region.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants, among other experts, to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information, as well as to assess future market prospects. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 57%, Tier 2- 14%, Tier 3- 29%
- By Designation: C-Level- 14%, D-Level- 14%, Others- 72%
- By Region: Asia-Pacific- 43%, North America- 14%, Europe- 14%, Rest of the World- 29%
Note: The tier of the companies has been defined on the basis of their total revenue; as of 2015: Tier 1 = >USD 10 billion, Tier 2 = USD 1 billion to USD 10 billion, and Tier 3 =
Scope of the Report:
By Voltage Range
- The air insulated switchgear market has been segmented based on voltage range into 3 kV–36 kV and >36 kV.
- The air insulated switchgear market has been segmented based on installation into indoor and outdoor.
- The air insulated switchgear market has been segmented based on application into transmission & distribution, manufacturing & processing, infrastructure & transportation, and others. Others include oil & gas, mining, and marine.
- The global air insulated switchgear market is analyzed with respect to six regions, namely, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, the Middle East, South America, and Africa.
- The report identifies and addresses key markets for air insulated switchgear, which would help suppliers review the growth in the demand for the product.
The report helps solution providers understand the pulse of the market, and provides insights into drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. The report will help key players understand the strategies of their competitors better, and will help in making strategic decisions.