Clinical reference laboratories are used to support diagnosis/analysis in patient care as well as medical research. Laboratory services are an essential part of disease diagnosis, treatment, monitoring response to treatment, disease surveillance programs and clinical research. The test results therefore should be consistent, precise and reproducible. Generation of such quality results includes a step wise process of thoughtful planning, perfect implementation and thorough checking of results by the whole team involved. International guidelines lay down the principles of a Clinical reference Laboratory Practices to be monitored by medical researchers to generate quality data.
The laboratories carries out intramural and extramural research through a number of institutions which are also involved in day-to-day patient care. Though most laboratories follow some procedures to ensure generation of dependable results, there is a need for a uniform procedure to be adopted by the clinical reference laboratories to allow intra and inter-laboratory comparisons. Keeping this in assessment, the international council an Advisory Committee of reference laboratories have suggested existing laboratories to adapt the existing international guidelines to the Global context.
Clinical reference laboratories market has been segmented on the basis of service providers which includes stand alone, hospital based and clinical based. On the basis of applications laboratory medicine, clinical trials and others are included.
Globally the market for Clinical reference laboratories is growing steadily and has a bright future. Globally the market for Clinical reference laboratories is expected to grow at the rate of about 5.8 % from 2016 to 2027.
The key players profiled in the research report Laboratory Corporation of America, KingMed Diagnostics, Aurora Diagnostics, Sonic HealthCare Limited, Synlab International GmbH, Bioreference Laboratories, Unilabs, Clinical Reference Laboratory, ARUP Laboratories, Quest Diagnostic.
- To provide insights about factors, influencing and affecting the market growth.
- To provide historically and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to regional markets and their countries.
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments based on types of service provider, application, and others.
- To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their market share, core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market.
- Clinical Reference Laboratories equipment manufacturers & Suppliers
- Research and Development (R&D) Companies
- Government Research & Development Laboratories
- Independent Research & Development Laboratories
- Government and Independent Regulatory Authorities
- Academic Institutes and Universities
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Global Clinical reference laboratories market is expected to reach $247 billion by 2027.
- North America is Clinical reference laboratories market with ~47% of total market share and is expected to reach $115 billion by the end of forecast period.
- Globally, Europe and Asia-Pacific are expected to be fastest growing region and are anticipated to grow at the rate of ~6% during the forecast period.
- Hospital based segment holds the largest share of around 45% of the market.
The reports also cover country level analysis:
- North America
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia
Middle East & Africa