Mice models are indispensable in research activities dealing with human disease processes due to striking similarities between the anatomy, physiology, and genetics of humans and mice. These advantages promote scientific discovery, understanding of the functions of individual genes, mechanisms of different diseases, and the effectiveness and toxicities of various drug molecules. Mice models are the most popularly used animal models due to their small size, short generation time, accelerated lifespan, low cost, and requirement of less space. These factors help in accelerating the research and development of drug therapies. The mice model market is projected to reach USD 1.59 billion by 2021 from USD 1.11 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.5% in the next five years (2016 to 2021).
The market players are continuously focusing on innovations in mice models for research on various human diseases. The major factor driving the growth of the market is the growing innovations and advances in mice models providing increased options to researchers to conduct research activities in particular diseases. Even the popularity of technologies like CRISPR, used in creating gene knockouts, is expected to be a major growth opportunity for the market.
On the other hand, factors like advancements in genetic techniques for the development of genetically modified rats have led to the increased usage of rat models, thereby restraining the mice model market to some extent. In addition, increased benefits from cryopreservation, and regulations & laws for the ethical use of animals are some factors expected to restrain the growth of the market. Moreover, the continuous need for improved mice models, advancements in zebrafish model development, and alternative methods to animal testing is some of the major challenges for the market.
In 2016, the inbred mice are estimated to account for the largest share of the market, by type while genetically engineered mice models are expected to be the fastest-growing market segment, owing to high investments in the development of new and innovative knockout models that also increases the application areas for the models.
In 2016, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). North America’s large share is attributed to the rising demands for monoclonal antibody production, continued and responsible use of animals ensured by animal care organizations, rising preclinical activities by CROs and pharmaceutical companies, growing stem cell research in Canada, and government support for the development of protein drugs in Canada.
The major players focus on various strategies like agreements, partnerships, joint ventures, collaborations, expansions, product launches, funds/grants, licensing, and acquisitions to increase market shares and establish a strong foothold in the global market.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn helps the firms to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the models and services offered by top players in the mice model market. The report analyzes the mice model market, by type, technology, application, service, and mice care products.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the mice model market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for mice models & services across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the mice model market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and distribution networks of the leading players in the mice model market