"Top Trends in Beauty and Grooming 2017" is part of GlobalData’s Top Trends series. It examines the key consumer behaviors which are shaping preferences within this space, and subsequently how this is translating into innovation and future opportunities.
The beauty and grooming sector represents a highly dynamic space for growth as consumers’ quest for efficacy and experimentation continues and evolves. Overarching themes continue to be the evolution of “anti-aging”, the influence of Asia on beauty regimens, and the hyper-image consciousness driven by tech and social media integration in day-to-day life.
- In recent years, the growth of online influencers such as beauty bloggers and vloggers has changed how consumers purchase products through influencing consumer choices and over half of consumers globally are more trusting of blogger/user reviews compared to brand claims.
- Consumers want to align products with their lifestyles, creating opportunities to transfer health concepts from food and drink to beauty and grooming innovation.
- By giving users more control over product formulations, consumers are able to benefit from tailoring products at home on a daily basis depending on their mood, lifestyle, or beauty needs.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify how brands can innovate to engage consumers as well as showcasing best-in-class innovation examples throughout.
- Learn what consumer behavior is driving innovation using GlobalData’s latest consumer research.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.