The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Success Case Study: Gik Live Blue Wine" is part of Canadean’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of Gik-branded blue wine. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
The Spanish wine industry has been in decline since at least 2010. This situation is motivated by several factors: the micro-segmentation of the sector, wine producers acting independently rather than presenting a united front, and a shift in Spanish consumers’ drinking habits towards lower-alcohol beverages such as beer. This has caused a decrease in wine consumption, and the forecasts are not very optimistic, as the wine market has a CAGR of -0.4% expected for the period 2015-20. This situation obliges wine producers to adopt new approaches and innovate if they want to attract new types of consumer, such as younger adults, to invigorate the category.
Gik Live blue wine offers a completely new approach to wine -
- The product adopts an innovative approach for wine-making to appeal to Millennials as its target audience, who are not the traditional consumers of wine in Spain.
- Aiming at people aged 25-34 years old, the wine offers innovative features, such as its color, and maintains a more casual image than traditional wine.
- To appeal to these shoppers, the company makes clever use of social media channels and consumer influencers.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have succeeded on the market.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.