The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Tobacco Company Profile - Altria", is an analytical company report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the cigarette market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption.
Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company and the parent company of Philip Morris USA (PM USA), which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Altria and the leading US cigarette manufacturer. The company’s global cigarette sales totaled 122.9 billion pieces in 2016 and its share of the world market currently stands at 2.21%.
- In 2012, the announcement of a joint venture with a Danish company to develop and market non-combustible, nicotine-containing products both in the USA and internationally, beginning with the launch of Verve Discs in June. Nu Mark was established to market innovative tobacco products and, in 2014, the company expanded into e-cigarettes. In April 2014, Nu Mark acquired the e-vapor company, Green Smoke. Nu Mark brands includes Mark Ten, Green Smoke and Verve.
- In January 2017, Altria acquired Sherman Holdings and strengthened its presence in super-premium cigarettes and premium cigars, complementing its existing businesses.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.