The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Boku Inc. is one of the world’s leading carrier billing-based mobile payment services. Primarily used for purchases of digital content, Boku functions across Google Play, Sony PlayStation Store, Microsoft Windows Store, Facebook App Center, and Spotify. With the introduction of Boku Accounts, users can now pay for the in-store purchase of goods at POS terminals. Boku enables customers to charge their payments directly to their mobile bill and provides merchants with the ability to accept payments from anyone with a mobile phone.
Launched in 2009 in the US, Boku is now accepted in more than 60 countries and has partnerships with more than 250 mobile network operators (MNOs). It has offices in the US, the UK, Germany, India, China, Indonesia, Italy, France, Latvia, Brazil, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan.
The platform has received around $90m in funding since its inception, with Benchmark Capital, DAG Ventures, Index Ventures, Khosla Ventures, and New Enterprise Associates (NEA) the major investors. The funding has supported its international expansion, as inorganic growth is the firm’s core strategy. To expand its business it has acquired payment service providers such as Mobileview in 2015, Mopay in 2014, and Qubecell in 2013.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Boku, including -
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance
- The company’s important events and milestones.
- Boku was launched in 2009 in the US, and is now accepted in more than 60 countries.
- Boku has partnership with more than 250 mobile network operators.
- In August 2015, acquired Italian mobile payment service providers, Mobileview.
- In February 2016, launched one-tap mobile payment service, Boku Direct.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Boku’s business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.