“UAV drones market projected to grow at a CAGR of 19.99% between 2016 and 2022.”
The UAV market has entered the growth phase and is expected to grow further in the coming years. The market is expected to be worth USD 21.23 billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 19.99% between 2016 and 2022. The drivers for this market are rapid technological advancements in drones and the growing demand for drone-generated data in commercial applications. The main restraint for this market is social issues such as privacy and nuisance concerns.
“Precision agriculture application for commercial drones is estimated to grow at the highest rate.”
The precision agriculture market for drones is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Drones are useful for agricultural planners as they greatly reduce the time and cost required to conduct an accurate survey and offer real-time data collection, high resolution imagery of farmland, and are low cost in comparison with other related techniques.
“Camera component is estimated to hold the largest share of the market during the forecast period.”
Camera systems are used in UAVs for round-the-clock video monitoring, investigation, remote surveillance, border security, protection of critical infrastructure, thermographic inspection of inaccessible buildings, and firefighting & law enforcement jobs. Camera systems for UAVs include multispectral camera, thermal camera, LIDAR camera, and high-resolution camera, among others.
“APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing market for UAV drones during the forecast period”
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR because the countries in these regions such as China, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand, among others are using drones for precision agriculture, inspection, and surveying on a large scale. Also, the countries in these regions are considering the use of military drones for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance operations.
Breakdown of profile of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 35 %, Tier 2 - 45%, and Tier 3 - 20%
- By Designation: C-level Executives - 35%, Directors - 25%, and Others - 40%
- By Region: North America - 45%, Europe - 20%, APAC - 30%, and RoW - 5%
The major players in the UAV drones market include Lockheed Martin Corporation (U.S.), Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.), Aerovironment, Inc. (U.S.), Elbit systems Ltd. (Israel), Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (Israel), BAE Systems Plc (U.K.), Thales SA (France), Leonardo SpA (Italy), DJI (China), 3DR (U.S.), Flir Systems, Inc. (U.S.), Precision Hawk (U.S), among others.
The study segments the UAV drones market on the basis of type into commercial and military drones. The drones have been segmented on the basis of payload into commercial drones (Up to 25 Kg) and military drones (Up to 150 Kg, Up to 600 Kg, and Above 600 Kg). The study covers commercial drone applications such as law enforcement, precision agriculture, media and entertainment, and inspection, among others. On the basis of components, the report segments the UAV drones market into components such as camera, battery, propulsion system, sensors, and navigation system, among others. The report also forecasts the market size for various segments with regard to four main regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW.
Reasons To Buy the report
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the UAV drones market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and those of the subsegments across different applications and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions in the UAV drones market.