Satellite telephone, also known as a satphone, is a type of mobile phone that enables the user to communicate with each other by connecting directly to orbiting satellites, instead of terrestrial cellular telephone sites. The ability to allow the user to stay in touch with one another at the time of any emergency is boosting the demand for satellite phones across the world. Satellite phones can also be used in areas where the government has restricted the access to internet and calls. In addition, they can be used in areas affected by natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunami, etc. Moreover, growing satellite industry coupled with increasing defense expenditure is also aiding global market of satellite telephones. Furthermore, increasing ship and aircraft movements across various regions of the globe coupled with growing oil & gas production are expected to positively influence global satellite telephones market in the coming years. However, increasing government regulations over the use of satellite phones in various countries across the globe is expected to boost the sales of satellite telephones across the world in the coming years.
According to “Global Satellite Telephones Market, By Satellite Type, By End User, By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2011 – 2021”, the global market of satellite telephones is anticipated to cross $5.5 Billion by 2021. On the basis of satellite type, global satellite telephones market has been broadly segmented into Geosynchronous Orbit (GEO) and Low-Earth Orbit (LEO). Among these categories, geosynchronous orbit dominated global satellite telephones market in 2015, and the segment is expected to maintain its dominance over the next five years as well. North America is the largest consumer of satellite telephones across the globe. “Global Satellite Telephones Market, By Satellite Type, By End User, By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2011 – 2021” discusses the following aspects of global satellite telephones market:
- Global Satellite Telephones Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Satellite Type (Geosynchronous Vs. Low-Earth Orbit), By End User (Defense, Maritime, Aviation, Energy, Government & Others)
- Regional Analysis – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report
- To gain an in-depth understanding of global satellite telephones market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants, satellite telephones manufacturers, vendors, dealers other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interaction with satellite telephones manufacturers, distributors, channel partners and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.