“Telecom power system market estimated to grow at a CAGR of 10.26% between 2017 and 2022.”
The telecom power system market is expected to be worth USD 4.53 billion in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 10.26% between 2017 and 2022. The drivers for this market are increasing awareness to reduce the carbon footprint of telecom industry and aggressive expansion of telecom infrastructure in off-grid areas especially in Asia and Africa to attain universal coverage. The main restraint for this market is environmental concerns pertaining to power supply systems of telecom towers due to high utilization of diesel for powering telecom infrastructure.
“Market for off-grid telecom power systems is estimated to grow at the highest rate.”
The market for off-grid telecom power systems is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of mobile subscribers is expected to be concentrated in the developing countries of APAC and Africa. This population overwhelmingly inhabits rural areas where access to electricity is patchy and unreliable.
“Diesel-battery power source is estimated to hold the largest share of the market during the forecast period”
Diesel-battery power source is expected to hold the largest share during the forecast period. In developing countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and India among others the telecom operators find it economically feasible to deploy diesel-battery solutions to power the telecom towers. This power source requires less capital investment and reduces the carbon emission also due to reduction in diesel generator run time.
“APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing market for telecom power systems during the forecast period”
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR because of penetration of telecom towers in rural areas to expand the mobile network to the growing mobile subscriber base and also to improve connectivity. The APAC region has witnessed 3G network expansion and LTE networks have been launched in the APAC countries.
Breakdown of profile of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 35 %, Tier 2 - 45%, and Tier 3 - 20%
- By Designation: C-level Executives - 35%, Directors - 25%, and Others - 40%
- By Region: North America - 45%, Europe - 20%, APAC - 30%, and RoW - 5%
The major players in the telecom power system market include Delta Electronics (Taiwan), Eaton (Ireland), GE Industrial Solutions (U.S.), Huawei Technologies Co. (China), Schneider Electric (France), among others.
The study segments the telecom power system market on the basis of grid type into on-grid, off-grid and bad grid telecom power systems. The telecom power systems have been segmented on the basis of power source into diesel-battery, diesel-solar, diesel-wind and multiple sources (diesel/solar/wind/battery/biomass). On the basis of components, the report segments the telecom power system market into components such as generators, rectifiers, inverters, converters, controllers, heat management systems, and batteries. The report also forecasts the market size for various segments with regard to four main regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW.
Reasons To Buy the report
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the telecom power system market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and those of the subsegments across different grid types and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions in the telecom power system market.