As a subset of cognitive computing, context-aware computing represents telecommunications and computing systems that enable autonomous capture and evaluation of data from the surroundings. At the personal level, data may be collected from smartphones, automobiles, or wearable devices. At the business level, data may be collected from a variety of different types of Internet of Things (IoT) devices. In both the personal and business cases, sensors and wireless signaling are relied upon to gather data related to near-by objects, which may be directly associated with those objects and/or the ambient environment.
In all instances, the primary purpose of contextual computing in IoT is to gather data that may be put into context based on a combination of personal preferences and observed behaviors. Context may be established using Big Data Analytics and the use of various Artificial Intelligence technologies such as Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques. The combination of context-aware technologies, IoT, and the Cloud will enable a cloud computing “as a Service” model in which IoT Contextual Computing as a Service (IoTCCaaS) becomes a valuable B2B service for many industry verticals including automotive, healthcare, and retail.
This research examines the technologies, companies, and solutions for contextual computing. The report evaluates the combination of IoT with context-aware computing and the integration of AI and Big Data technologies. The report provides forecasts for IoT in Contextual Computing globally and by region by type, sub-type, product, and industry vertical for the period 2017 to 2022. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Context-aware computing forecasts 2017 - 2022
- Identify context aware application design strategies
- Understand context lifecycle management strategies
- Learn about personalization, passive active context awareness
- Identity the relationship between IoT and context-aware computing
- Learn about specific challenges and opportunities for contextual computing
- Understand role of sensor fusion and machine learning in contextual computing
- Identify opportunities for monetizing data gathered using Big Data Analytics tools
- IoT companies
- Big Data companies
- Network service providers
- Artificial Intelligence providers
- Computing infrastructure providers
- Managed communication service providers
- Enterprise and industry verticals of all types